Contribute
Register

Laptop ALC892 - Testers Needed

that was codec0 i assume codec1 is the one i need, should i upload it, I still have no audio. I re-did all my files again, disabled optimus this time. working perfect except audio, I am getting a popping sound on boot at login and when i start to text an mp3 it makes a pop but thats it

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Here is the other codec dump, it was under card1, Hopefully this can help. Driving me mad. Thank you

Did you install CodecCommander.kext?

Yes I am using CodecCommander as well. I'll repost the ioreg stuff right away here

Here attached is lots of information, please let me know if there is anything else you need, thanks for the help rehabman. I posted my files but something must have happened as the post didn't go through, if there is a double my apologies. Thanks again

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-03-08 at 8.36.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-03-08 at 8.36.29 AM.png
    246.1 KB · Views: 164
  • config.plist
    4.3 KB · Views: 254
  • PatchmaticExtract.zip
    31.9 KB · Views: 120
  • Dataghost’s iMac.ioreg
    2 MB · Views: 133
  • codec_dump1.txt
    14.4 KB · Views: 144
Here attached is lots of information, please let me know if there is anything else you need, thanks for the help rehabman. I posted my files but something must have happened as the post didn't go through, if there is a double my apologies. Thanks again

According to ioreg, audio is working. If you have no audio, then it is likely that the patched AppleHDA you're using is not correct for your codec layout. Try a different one. Don't forget to do an EC reset whenever you try a new AppleHDA, because each time you try one that doesn't work, it can put the HDA device in a bad state that is not recoverable without a complete removal of power.

How do i perform the EC Reset, would it be hard to edit the native applehda to work on my hardware? Thanks again

How do i perform the EC Reset, would it be hard to edit the native applehda to work on my hardware? Thanks again

Patching AppleHDA is not easy. There are quite a few guides, but some are incomplete.

Thanks to you and all your advice Rehabman, I'm blasting audio on my speakers and HDMI, thanks so much, for EC Reset, 30 seconds didn't do the trick but holding it up towards a minute did the trick. The testing ALC892 in post one is working great. Your layout 12 patch changed to layout 1 is making it work. Its a 100 percent Mackintosh now. Thanks a million, do you have a donation page?

Thanks to you and all your advice Rehabman, I'm blasting audio on my speakers and HDMI, thanks so much, for EC Reset, 30 seconds didn't do the trick but holding it up towards a minute did the trick. The testing ALC892 in post one is working great. Your layout 12 patch changed to layout 1 is making it work. Its a 100 percent Mackintosh now. Thanks a million, do you have a donation page?

Interesting. I guess EC reset time depends on the size of the capacitors or other machine specific details...

Back