Contribute
Register

LaMosca's Build: Core i7-3770 - GA-B75M-D3P - 32GB RAM - HD4000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi colinzeal, I've got the same board and CPU as you.

[Update 3a: Installed Mountain Lion 10.8.4 from the App Store via UniBeast on this machine. After long hours of pain found out that the old advice of GraphicsEnabler=No does not apply any more, and it has to be GraphicsEnabler=Yes.]

I tried your DSDT.aml as follows:

* put it on the desktop
* ran Multibeast 5.3.1 just checking "UserDSDT" and "... With DSDT > ALC888b/887 > v100302 Current"
* verified Desktop/dsdt.aml got copied to /Extra/DSDT.aml (uppercased for some reason)
* added the following to /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist
<key>DSDT</key>
<string>/Extra/DSDT.aml</string>
* aligned permissions using chmod and chown:
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 root staff 42959 17 Jul 15:03 DSDT.aml
* rebooted and observed that -v in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist took effect
* expected to get sound

There's still no sound via HDMI.

How did you produce your DSDT? Did you apply any of the Gigabyte Z77 or H77 mobo patches for your B75M-D3P in MaciASL? It would be kind if you could describe what you did in order to get HDMI sound working. Thank you. :)

By the way, I just ran Geekbench, here's the result:
http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/2168621

Update

Okay, got 7451 with all other programs closed instead of 7237 with some still open, among which most notably Safari and Google Earth.
http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/2168815

Google Earth was not running as fluidly as I've seen it running in Windows, so I wasn't sure that hardware acceleration for the HD 4000 had been set up correctly. But with GE, there's also the network issue, if data doesn't get delivered promptyl enough, which may explain the lack of fluidity I've been observing.

Cinebench got me 22.19 fps for OpenGL and 3.29 points for CPU. Guess that's okay and graphics acceleration is fully working.

Update 2

I noticed that with your DSDT.aml loaded, graphics will remain black after waking up from sleep, whereas with DSDT=Null at the boot prompt, I only have to plug out and in the USB keyboard to be able to use it.

[Update 3b] No HDMI audio device in the System Settings, with or without your DSDT.aml, and obviously no sound via HDMI either. With or without your DSDT, sound does work via SPDIF and via Line Out (3,5 mm Mini-Klinke), which is listed as Internal Loudspeakers in the System Settings.

Update 4

I got HDMI audio working booting with your DSDT after removing HDAEnabler1.kext and HDAEnabler2.kext from /S/L/E. These extensions had been placed there because I had ticked "Realtek ALC8xx > Without DSDT > ALC887/888b" (HDAEnabler1) and "Realtek ALC8xx > Without DSDT > Optional 3 Port Audio Enabler" (HDAEnabler2) in Multibeast.

SPDIF (Digital Optical Output) and analogue 3.5 mm Miniklinke (Internal Loudspeakers) continue to work. When I plug in a cable into headphone port of my case, which is connected to a free header on the main board, Internal Loudspeakers changes to Headphones, and I get sound from there.

One additional audio output device is listed as Line-Out, which does not seem to correspond to any real device.

I'm frustrated with the USB 3.0 ports. I have used the 3rd party controller included in the latest Multibeast and the port works. However, I'm not getting USB 3.0 speeds.

Yes it is a USB 3.0 stick (Transcend).

Has anyone got high USB 3.0 speeds yet?
Using a Verbatim "Store'n'go", formatted ad FAT32, I got the following:
Code:
localhost:~ milu$ ls -lh BaseSystem.dmg 
-rwxr-xr-x  1 milu  staff   430M 18 Jul 14:33 BaseSystem.dmg
localhost:~ milu$ time cp BaseSystem.dmg /Volumes/NO\ NAME/
real    0m46.581s
user    0m0.003s
sys    0m0.348s
localhost:~ milu$ time cp /Volumes/NO\ NAME/BaseSystem.dmg .
real    0m2.540s
user    0m0.003s
sys    0m0.327s
This means 9,3 MB/s writing and 169 MB/s reading. What? Okay, that read speed is delusive. That's the speed of the RAM filesystem cache and the 64 MB buffers on my fast hard drive. The real speed is still good, though: unplug and replug the USB drive for a meaningful test:
Code:
localhost:~ milu$ time cp /Volumes/NO\ NAME/BaseSystem.dmg x.dmg
real    0m5.582s
user    0m0.003s
sys    0m0.322s
There you go, 77 MB/s, not too bad, verified both on the front ports of my case and on the back panel, and consistent with what you can read in tests:
write speeds of 10.7 MBps and read speeds topping out at 79.2 MBps using USB 3.0
Verbatim Store 'n' Go V3 USB Drive (16GB)

Are you saying it's my USB drive that isn't up to speed?

That might be the reason indeed. Just because a stick has USB 3.0 plug doesn't mean it attains a very high speed like 70 or 80 MB/s for reading, let alone writing. Do some research using the specific name of your stick and that will probably tell you.

The other possibility is that something is not configured correctly in your Hackintosh.

Anyway, for me it works, which means it can also work for you, as you have the same board and CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back