Contribute
Register

keyboard problem after sleep, "b" repeat if out of focus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess blueking has sources for the older keymap, but he seems to be offline for now... Hope he is on vacations and having good time away from computers :)

Here is a kext with a "bbbb" fix patch, but which should correspond to the old layout, I believe. Haven't tested it myself because of another big (non-hackintosh) project at the moment. If you are willing to try it (and have a USB keyboard, just in case) go ahead, otherwise it will have to wait a bit.

EDIT: attached file deleted (had an old Info.plist)

mac4mat said:
I guess blueking has sources for the older keymap, but he seems to be offline for now... Hope he is on vacations and having good time away from computers :)

Here is a kext with a "bbbb" fix patch, but which should correspond to the old layout, I believe. Haven't tested it myself because of another big (non-hackintosh) project at the moment. If you are willing to try it (and have a USB keyboard, just in case) go ahead, otherwise it will have to wait a bit.

Thanks, but sadly, keyboard with this kext doesn't work, just the trackpad. So for now I've reverted to the old kext, which gives me the "bbbb" problem.

Thanks for testing!
I forgot to replace the Info.plist, therefore the keyboard kext was not loading...

Here is the corrected one (I tested it this time). Layout is with Fn+ keys (but unlike the old kext layout, brightness control is Fn+F2 and Fn+F3 only; I removed all additional confusing brightness control mappings that were for different notebook models).

Attachments

• ApplePS2Controller.kext.zip
    115.6 KB · Views: 260
mac4mat said:
Thanks for testing!
I forgot to replace the Info.plist, therefore the keyboard kext was not loading...

Here is the corrected one (I tested it this time). Layout is with Fn+ keys (but unlike the old kext layout, brightness control is Fn+F2 and Fn+F3 only; I removed all additional confusing brightness control mappings that were for different notebook models).
Wow!

It's getting better and better
Wi-Fi button no longer affects brightness. I can turn Wi-Fi on and off.
This bug was long overdue.

mac4mat said:
Thanks for testing!

Thanks, man, it works perfect now.
Actually, the brightness control is mapped not only to fn+F2 and fn+F3, but fn+Home, fn+PgDn and fn+PgUp too, but that isn't a problem.

frantisek.nesveda said:
Actually, the brightness control is mapped not only to fn+F2 and fn+F3, but fn+Home, fn+PgDn and fn+PgUp too, but that isn't a problem.
Interesting, I don't have brightness control on Fn+Home, fn+PgDn and fn+PgUp :?
My ProBook is XU015UT. I wonder what is different...
BigDonkey, do you have Fn+Home, fn+PgDn and fn+PgUp mapped to brightness now?
Anyone, what is your experience?

Top 4 button row.
Yes, three buttons are mapped to brightness.

By the way, does your bluetooth work? I think it worked for me before updating with this new kext, but now it doesn't... I'll test and get back later.

EDIT: Nevermind, it works for me, I just reinstalled the bluetooth kext and everythings OK. Don't know what caused the problem though.

BigDonkey said:
Top 4 button row.
Yes, three buttons are mapped to brightness.
Thanks! I know what was different and why I didn't see the same at first.
If a USB (Apple) keyboard is plugged in, then these three buttons (Fn+Home, Fn+PgDwn, Fn+PgUp) DO NOT control brightness. No USB keyboard attached - then you get this unwanted brightness control on these three. Interestingly, DEBUG mode shows that these buttons remain mapped to Apple's F14 and F15 buttons (ADB code). Nowhere in the kext code can be found for them any remapping to brightness control function...
I wonder if there is another remapping on a different level in the OS, since the external USB keyboard affects it this way. Anyway, hopefully we will figure it out some day. Until then - some "extra brightness" in hackintosh won't harm much? ;)

@frantishek.nesveda:
Bluetooth didn't change, works OK here.

mac4mat said:
If a USB (Apple) keyboard is plugged in, then these three buttons (Fn+Home, Fn+PgDwn, Fn+PgUp) DO NOT control brightness. No USB keyboard attached - then you get this unwanted brightness control on these three.

It controls my brightness all the time, it doesn't matter if I have an USB keyboard attached or not...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back