Contribute
Register

keyboard problem after sleep, "b" repeat if out of focus

Status
Not open for further replies.
tegezee said:
F5 is supposed to show desktop right? It's not working, it just makes the cursor disappear. If not what is the show desktop button?
Thanks in advanced...
No, I think F5 is unused, actually:

blueking said:
This is my current layout. Changes?

• f1- sleep[/*:m:2b4f1208]
  • f2- brightness down[/*:m:2b4f1208]
  • f3- brightness up[/*:m:2b4f1208]
  • f4- mission control[/*:m:2b4f1208]
  • f5- blank since they are on apple keyboards[/*:m:2b4f1208]
  • f6- blank since they are on apple keyboards[/*:m:2b4f1208]
  • f7- mute[/*:m:2b4f1208]
  • f8- volume down[/*:m:2b4f1208]
  • f9- volume up[/*:m:2b4f1208]
  • f10- previous song[/*:m:2b4f1208]
  • f11- play/pause[/*:m:2b4f1208]
  • f12- next song[/*:m:2b4f1208]
  • prt sc- f12 (can change to desktop on press) but kept for eject function[/*:m:2b4f1208]
  • insert- launchpad[/*:m:2b4f1208]
  • the button besides wifi- dashboard[/*:m:2b4f1208]

Feedback?

You can use Ctrl+ArrowDown for Show Desktop, or ask blueking if he is going to change the layout
(I hope, eventually, the "bbbbb-fix" is going to be included into the kext released with the HP ProBook Installer, so that will define the keyboard mapping everyone will have)

If Show Desktop button is very important for you, I could try to make a custom kext, but it will have to wait a bit (swamped with a big project now).

mac4mat said:
tegezee said:
F5 is supposed to show desktop right? It's not working, it just makes the cursor disappear. If not what is the show desktop button?
Thanks in advanced...

blueking said:

• f1- sleep[/*:m:2s3giguf]
  • f2- brightness down[/*:m:2s3giguf]
  • f3- brightness up[/*:m:2s3giguf]
  • f4- mission control[/*:m:2s3giguf]
  • f5- blank since they are on apple keyboards[/*:m:2s3giguf]
  • f6- blank since they are on apple keyboards[/*:m:2s3giguf]
  • f7- mute[/*:m:2s3giguf]
  • f8- volume down[/*:m:2s3giguf]
  • f9- volume up[/*:m:2s3giguf]
  • f10- previous song[/*:m:2s3giguf]
  • f11- play/pause[/*:m:2s3giguf]
  • f12- next song[/*:m:2s3giguf]
  • prt sc- f12 (can change to desktop on press) but kept for eject function[/*:m:2s3giguf]
  • insert- launchpad[/*:m:2s3giguf]
  • the button besides wifi- dashboard[/*:m:2s3giguf]

Feedback?

You can use Ctrl+ArrowDown for Show Desktop, or ask blueking if he is going to change the layout
(I hope, eventually, the "bbbbb-fix" is going to be included into the kext released with the HP ProBook Installer, so that will define the keyboard mapping everyone will have)

If Show Desktop button is very important for you, I could try to make a custom kext, but it will have to wait a bit (swamped with a big project now).

Thanks that would be great.

mac4mat said:
tegezee said:
Thanks in advanced...

blueking said:

• f1- sleep[/*:m:3l3l5956]
  • f2- brightness down[/*:m:3l3l5956]
  • f3- brightness up[/*:m:3l3l5956]
  • f4- mission control[/*:m:3l3l5956]
  • f5- blank since they are on apple keyboards[/*:m:3l3l5956]
  • f6- blank since they are on apple keyboards[/*:m:3l3l5956]
  • f7- mute[/*:m:3l3l5956]
  • f8- volume down[/*:m:3l3l5956]
  • f9- volume up[/*:m:3l3l5956]
  • f10- previous song[/*:m:3l3l5956]
  • f11- play/pause[/*:m:3l3l5956]
  • f12- next song[/*:m:3l3l5956]
  • prt sc- f12 (can change to desktop on press) but kept for eject function[/*:m:3l3l5956]
  • insert- launchpad[/*:m:3l3l5956]
  • the button besides wifi- dashboard[/*:m:3l3l5956]

Feedback?

Yes but where is blueking?
I haven't see a single post from him for the last month I think.

Yes, it is the f11 that shows you the desktop moving around all the windows or apps. And yes that function is useful for me too.
Ctrl + down arrow is different.

nikstar said:
Yes, it is the f11 that shows you the desktop moving around all the windows or apps. And yes that function is useful for me too.
Ctrl + down arrow is different.
If you want this function to be mapped to F5 by default in the kext, I suggest that you also post in the thread: viewtopic.php?f=259&t=54816
That's where the re-mapped layout was originally discussed and decided.

But in the mean time, there is an easy fix: if you go to Preferences->Keyboard->Keyboard Shortcuts and change Mission Control->Show Desktop option from F11 to F5, you will get it working.

Would it be possible to make a kext with the original key layout, just the 'b' repeat fixed? I don't like the new layout because I can't use DosBOX shortcuts.

frantisek.nesveda said:
Would it be possible to make a kext with the original key layout, just the 'b' repeat fixed? I don't like the new layout because I can't use DosBOX shortcuts.
Sure, that should be easy, in principle, but there are two potential complications:
1) blueking mentioned once that he was going to take Fn key support out of DSDT patch (so you may need to do a custom-patched DSDT in the future for the old layout);
2) I don't have the source code for the old layout :(
I have several versions from the net, and one of them is pretty close to the old layout, I think, but still, it will require some tweaking.
Can you post the old layout of essential key functions, if you remember it?

mac4mat said:
Sure, that should be easy, in principle, but there are two potential complications:
1) blueking mentioned once that he was going to take Fn key support out of DSDT patch (so you may need to do a custom-patched DSDT in the future for the old layout);
2) I don't have the source code for the old layout :(
I have several versions from the net, and one of them is pretty close to the old layout, I think, but still, it will require some tweaking.
Can you post the old layout of essential key functions, if you remember it?

1) That shouldn't be a big problem, I'll just use the old one.
2) Doesn't blueking have the sources?
The layout was exactly as is printed on the keyboard:
fn + F1 - Sleep
fn + F2 - Brightness Down
fn + F3 - Brightness Up
fn + F7 - Mute
fn + F8 - Volume Down
fn + F9 - Volume Up
fn + F10 - Previous song
fn + F11 - Play/pause
fn + F12 - Next song

I don't know if fn + numkeys worked as is printed, because I never really used them, but I believe they did.

Also, when this project started in Summer 2011, I don't remember having this 'b' problem, it occurred after some 87-th or so reinstall in December. I'll try to find the old kext and try it, but I think I tried it before and it didn't work. Anyway, I'll post here the results.

I found this kext, which doesn't have the 'b' problem, but it also doesn't have brightness control on the right keys, it has them on fn + home and fn + pgdn. Dang.

Attachments

• PS2_kexts.zip
    148.3 KB · Views: 81
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back