Contribute
Register

keyboard problem after sleep, "b" repeat if out of focus

Status
Not open for further replies.
frantisek.nesveda said:
mac4mat said:
If a USB (Apple) keyboard is plugged in, then these three buttons (Fn+Home, Fn+PgDwn, Fn+PgUp) DO NOT control brightness. No USB keyboard attached - then you get this unwanted brightness control on these three.

It controls my brightness all the time, it doesn't matter if I have an USB keyboard attached or not...
It has to be Apple aluminum keyboard with F13 to F19 keys. If you search the web, you will find some links about F14 and F15 being mapped to monitor brightness control.
On HP ProBook we have the following mapped:
Fn+Delete(SysRq)-> F13
Fn+Home(Scroll) -> F14
Fn+PgUp(Pause) -> F15
Fn+PgDwn(Break) -> F15

F14 and F15 are assigned by Mac OS X to brightness control, by default. If you have a problem with that, you can change it in System Preferences Keyboard Shortcuts and assign F14,F15 to something useful, for example to Screen Capture functions or whatever you like. Or you can revert to the old kext, but I believe it had many functional keys assigned to brightness control, which, strangely enough, nobody complained about.
Regards.

mac4mat said:
frantisek.nesveda said:
mac4mat said:
If a USB (Apple) keyboard is plugged in, then these three buttons (Fn+Home, Fn+PgDwn, Fn+PgUp) DO NOT control brightness. No USB keyboard attached - then you get this unwanted brightness control on these three.

It controls my brightness all the time, it doesn't matter if I have an USB keyboard attached or not...
It has to be Apple aluminum keyboard with F13 to F19 keys.

That would be the problem, I have only an ordinary Chicony keyboard made for Windows PCs. Thanks again, I am very grateful for helping me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back