GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Windows Phone
Hi, I got a Lenovo K29 laptop with i5 3210M and it's running latest macOS High Sierra.
This hackintosh works mostly perfect. But it's having key map issue since Sierra and recently I'm interested to fix it.

Under Windows, and Fn+Up/Fn+Down functions as screen brightness adjustment, Fn+F6 functions as Enable/Disable Trackpad, Fn+F1 functions as "Sleep".
Under macOS, Pause/ScrLk adjusts brightness, PrintScreen functions as Enable/Disable Trackpad.

However, the most tricky one is the Fn+F1, under macOS, when I press Fn+F1, the whole system reboots with CMOS/BIOS Setting totally wiped clean. However, I can sleep with mouse click (MenuBar item "Sleep") and the laptop will standby on battery for days in sleep mode.

I don't know what happened when I pressed Fn+F1. And I wonder how I can debug or do something else to know that without wipe my BIOS Setting?

Hi, I got a Lenovo K29 laptop with i5 3210M and it's running latest macOS High Sierra.
This hackintosh works mostly perfect. But it's having key map issue since Sierra and recently I'm interested to fix it.

Under Windows, and Fn+Up/Fn+Down functions as screen brightness adjustment, Fn+F6 functions as Enable/Disable Trackpad, Fn+F1 functions as "Sleep".
Under macOS, Pause/ScrLk adjusts brightness, PrintScreen functions as Enable/Disable Trackpad.

However, the most tricky one is the Fn+F1, under macOS, when I press Fn+F1, the whole system reboots with CMOS/BIOS Setting totally wiped clean. However, I can sleep with mouse click (MenuBar item "Sleep") and the laptop will standby on battery for days in sleep mode.

I don't know what happened when I pressed Fn+F1. And I wonder how I can debug or do something else to know that without wipe my BIOS Setting?

You should look into the brightness guide (and the mapping of brightness keys) to determine how you might address the various Fn keys.
Read here (and links):
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back