Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H170N-WIFI
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
GTX 1060
Hello everyone! This is my first hackintosh build so please forgive me if I screwed something obvious up. Here are my components:

CPU: i5-6500 (Using on-board graphics for now)
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H170N-WIFI

I installed El Capitan using a USB drive following the guide exactly (http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/u...pitan-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.172672/). I was able to install the OS and the basic functions were working fine. I wanted to get iMessage to work, so I followed this guide (https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/2wohwn/getting_imessage_working_on_10102_generating/) but upon rebooting, I get a kernel panic. I've included a screenshot of the error (sorry it's a little blurry). If I had a backup made, it would be easy to just get rid of the kext that is causing the issue, but since it was a fresh install, I don't have any backups.

Additionally, I've tried to boot into the USB again and just wipe my hard drive and start over. When I select the USB in the Clover boot menu, it begins to load but then freezes and does not enter the installer. Is it possible that this is a Clover issue? Does anybody know how I can wipe my hard drive/boot loader and start fresh?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2096.PNG
    IMG_2096.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 237
You may have to clear the BIOS to reset the UEFI NVRAM entries. idkfs.

Did you try depressing the space bar at the Clover boot screen and holding it down, thereby forcing a Safe Mode boot?

I had tried booting into Safe Mode but it still did not work. I ended up solving my problem by disconnecting my hard drive and booting with only the USB drive. I then was able to wipe the hard drive and do a fresh install and made sure to not use the kext that caused the kernel panic. All is working as it should now thankfully.

I hope you didn't disconnect it, powered up, booted into the USB and then connected the drive while the PC was powered up. The safer way is to remove the drive and then install it in a caddy, or, with the drive connected, boot into a Linux LiveCD or LiveUSB and run gparted to wipe the partitions.

Oh no no I turned everything off and disconnected the power before disconnecting or connecting anything. AFter I was able to boot from just the USB drive, I turned off my machine and reconnected the SSD. When I rebooted I was still able to boot from the USB again and wiped the SSD and did a fresh install.

Try blocking the AppleIGB.kext in the bootloader, just search the options and you will find it.

I had tried booting into Safe Mode but it still did not work. I ended up solving my problem by disconnecting my hard drive and booting with only the USB drive. I then was able to wipe the hard drive and do a fresh install and made sure to not use the kext that caused the kernel panic. All is working as it should now thankfully.

Hello, I have a similar problem (http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/panic-cpu-0-caller-installer-error-help.201176/) How did you get yours to work? By disconnecting the hard drive and not using the kext? (I'm a little new at this).

Any help, would be great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back