Contribute
Register

[Kernel Panic] Each time different result: Z77 DS3H rev. 1.1 F9 + i5 3570k + GTX 650 ti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-10 at 00.57.35.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-10 at 00.57.35.png
    142.6 KB · Views: 141
  • Screen Shot 2015-12-10 at 00.57.39.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-10 at 00.57.39.png
    154.6 KB · Views: 122
I was only able to mount the EFI folder using Clover Configurator, that's normal right? Sorry my ignorance but I read so much about people talking about the config.plist that I thought it was easier to access it and at first I found it odd that I had to either use an app or some command line through Terminal.

Yes. Thats normal. Download the latest version of Clover. Delete everything in EFI Partition. and run the Clover installer use the same settings I've sent you and use this Config.plist in the attachment note don't put NullCPUPowermanagement.kext in EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.11 you don't need it. Only need FakeSMC and your ALXEthernet.kext.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.8 KB · Views: 157
Yes. Thats normal. Download the latest version of Clover. Delete everything in EFI Partition. and run the Clover installer use the same settings I've sent you and use this Config.plist in the attachment note don't put NullCPUPowermanagement.kext in EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.11 you don't need it. Only need FakeSMC and your ALXEthernet.kext.

I installed the kext via Multibeast, even so, should I place the FakeSMC in the EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.11? The AtherosE2200Ethernet was working ok, should I replace it with the ALXEthernet?

I just replace the Config.plist in the EFI/CLOVER folder?

Place all kexts in EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.11 and replace the Config.plist with the one i provided you. Check S\L\E for kexts which was installed with Multibeast if there are kexts in S\L\E from Multibeast remove them.

Correct. I have no kexts in L\E mine are in EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.11

But all the kexts or just the Mutibeast ones? Because there is still a few kexts remaining in the \L\E folder.

Also, the ALC887/888b says "Installs RealtekALC.kext in /Library/Extensions. Adds codec-specific patches for AppleHDA.kext into /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist. Adds codec specific zlib files into /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources. CloverALC patching technique by toleda."

So it also changed other kext, is it ok to just remove the kext or do I have to change the other kexts involved?

Just put FakeSMC.kext & ALXEthernet.kext in EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.11 remove the rest of them. You can use Toledo's Clover Audio injection for audio.

Thanks a lot, so far so good. I restarted 3 times and no Kernel Panic message yet.

A little test for Sleep/Awake/Sound and it's ok.

Do you use the FakeSMC Plugins and HWMonitor on your machine? I wanted to know if they work or not and also if my USB audio interface would work or if this was the cause of the original Kernel Panic.

Right now I don't know if I should just be happy that no Kernel Panic showed up or if I should try to make the sensors and the USB audio interface work. The worst case scenario is that they caused the Kernel Panic and I will have to do this process again, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back