Contribute
Register

[Kernel Panic] Each time different result: Z77 DS3H rev. 1.1 F9 + i5 3570k + GTX 650 ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77-DS3H rev. 1.1
CPU
i5 3570K
Graphics
EVGA GTX 650 Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
[Kernel Panic] Z77 DS3H rev. 1.1 F9 + i5 3570k + GTX 650 ti - Each time different result

Right now it's the 4th time I started a fresh install and now, I get Kernel Panic after Multibeast.

The first install I did was 2 days ago and it was still 10.11.1

I tried exactly like the Installation Guide, except I had to do some changes since it wasn't recognising my SSD during installation.

BIOS settings:

• Save & Exit / Load Optimized Defaults
  • Peripherals / SATA Mode Selection - AHCI
  • Peripherals / xHCI Hand-off: Enabled
  • Peripherals / EHCI Hand-off: Enabled
  • BIOS Features / Intel Virtualization Technology - Disabled

I also added Profile1 to my XMC so my RAM could run at 1600MHz instead of 1333MHz.

I disconnected all drives except my SSD, just in case.

Everything was ok. I used Multibeast:

• Quick Start > UEFI Boot Mode

• Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC887/888b
  • Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
  • Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.18.1394

• Bootloaders > Clover v2.3k r3320 UEFI Boot Mode
  • Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 13,2 (the OS X was already recognising it as such anyway)

I didn't install the AtherosE2200Ethernet because both WiFi and Ethernet were working right off the bat, but it happens that after Multibeast they stopped working so I used Multibeast again just to install the AtherosE2200Ethernet.

*I had a major headache in my Mountain Lion Install because the Multibeast version of the drive had some kind of memory leak causing the system to freeze during intense connectivity, which ended up messing up one of my external HD until I was finally able to figure it out what was the problem. But it seems that it was related to this MoBo.

Anyway, everything was working fine. So I installed the FakeSMC Plugins and the HWMonitor, it also worked.

Then I tried to install my USB audio interface but it happens that it only was supported until OS X Mavericks but somehow it finished the install, it was working but asked to reboot, I did and I got a Kernel Panic.

This is when my nightmare started. I thought "hey, the 10.11.2 update just got out, guys with the Z77 DS3H are doing fine with it, so I will do a fresh install with it". So I downloaded it, mounted with the latest Unibeast and started over.

So basically the same thing, except I let "Peripherals / EHCI Hand-off: Disabled" this time since a lot of people were letting it that way.

Multibeast ok. I reconnected my other HDD. Used Multibeast again for FakeSMC Plugins and HWMonitor and BAM! Kernel Panic.

Started fresh AGAIN. But this time I got Kernel Panic right after the first Multibeast install without even reaching FakeSMC Plugins and HWMonitor. And now, for no reason, the BIOS doesn't save the boot order properly and if I don't select it manually it says that there is no device to proper boot or something.

I start fresh AGAIN, this time I disconnected my HDD, only letting the SSD connected, just in case. But same thing, Kernel Panic after Multibeast.

So I'm kind of lost right now, I thought I was narrowing down what was causing the Kernel Panic but it seems that it either changed or somehow the fresh install is not so fresh. Is there a way that the second time I mounted the Unibeast with the 10.11.2 it got some issue? In theory it shouldn't and if it did, I shouldn't be able to complete the install, right?

I will attach the config.plist and the Kernel Panic just if there is something there that can tell what is not working. While I can't find a solution I will try again, this time installing each Multibeast kext at time to see if I can find out what is causing the Kernel Panic.

This combination of hardware is supposedly one of those that works without a problem, while it was working I even tested the sleep/sound and it was all working fine. So I find it odd that it's giving me so much headache.

Anyway, I will be very thankful if someone is able to help me out with this.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.8 KB · Views: 205
  • Kernel Panic.txt
    7.7 KB · Views: 127
I noticed that there is a newer revision of Clover [3330], so I installed it but the Kernel Panic is still there. I knew it was a long shot but who knows? Also, I'm desperate - and tired. :lol:

But let's say my Hackintosh is working and everything is ok, should I always update the Clover revision? Should I do if I install a new Mac OS X update?

Have you disabled vt-d in the bios? what did you select in Clover installer?

That's the "Intel Virtualization Technology", right? I set it to Disable.

For both Unibeast and Multibeast I used UEFI Boot Mode.

No. Just vt-D. You can leave Virtualisation Technology Enabled. Post EFI. If you have kexts in S\L\E from previous install remove them it will cause problems.

Attachments

• w5Sde4H.jpg
    w5Sde4H.jpg
    435.8 KB · Views: 519
Post your EFI. Are you doing a clean install or are you updating from Yosemite?

If you've erased the SSD then previous version of OSX will be deleted. Post your EFI folder.

I'm posting a print of my EFI folder or do you mean something different?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-09 at 10.53.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-09 at 10.53.03 PM.png
    116.7 KB · Views: 139
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back