Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH-OC8.3
CPU
i5-6600K
Graphics
RX 560
Am trying to load Catalina on a Lenovo ThinkServer TS140. I have built several hacks over the years, but do not know why I keep getting a kernel panic using a completely plain vanilla install USB key created with Unibeast and only FakeSMC.kext in my kext folder. Any guidance is appreciated since I have tried every imaginable bios setup at this point.
IMG_8860.JPG

If you have a kernel panic you should show a picture of the kernel panic.

In the meantime search for 1689.

Screenshot 2020-07-13 at 23.28.04.png

Less importantly, you need to deal with duplicate kexts :

Screenshot 2020-07-13 at 23.30.38.png

Thanks for the tip, I will see what 1689 yields.

I reformatted the drive before attempting to install Catalina, so I do not know how there could possibly be duplicate kexts since the drive only ever had Windows 10 on it. I even removed all kexts, other than the aforementioned FakeSMC.kext, to ensure it would be as bare bones and plain vanilla as possible before attempting the installation. I do not know how it would be possible for the ethernet kext to be a duplicate since it is not in the kext folder nor anywhere else on the Clover boot USB drive I am using?

If you have a kernel panic you should show a picture of the kernel panic.

In the meantime search for 1689.

Still no luck with 1689. Have searched extensively and none of the proposed solutions work. Any ideas?

View attachment 480294

Less importantly, you need to deal with duplicate kexts :

I managed to solve the duplicate kext message by changing the network bios setting to "disabled":
Network Setup - Boot Agent - Disabled

View attachment 480295

Made your suggested changes, but unfortunately virtually the same result. New screenshot and efi folder posted if that helps.

Attachments

• IMG_8867.JPG
    IMG_8867.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 41
  • CLOVER.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 50
Made your suggested changes, but unfortunately virtually the same result. New screenshot and efi folder posted if that helps.
try a later version of clover

I used the latest version of clover r5119?

I used the latest version of clover r5119?
later/newer versions of clover has the directory structure:
drivers/UEFI

older versions (like you upload) has only:
drivers64UEFI folder

later/newer versions of clover has the directory structure:
drivers/UEFI

older versions (like you upload) has only:
drivers64UEFI folder

Sorry about that. Downloaded it from a different website with the correct directory structure, but once again got a very similar result per the attached screenshot. I am completely baffled.

Attachments

• IMG_8873.JPG
    IMG_8873.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 39
  • CLOVER.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 50
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back