Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I cannot boot using any commands.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 436
I cannot boot using any commands.
Caused by macpro5,1 system definition. Delete Extra/smbios.plist and restart. To fix: select a different MultiBeast/System Definition or delete S/L/E/AppleTyMCEDriver.kext.

This might be a dumb question, but how do i go about deleting that if i cant boot into my system?

This might be a dumb question, but how do i go about deleting that if i cant boot into my system?

You can boot in safe mode, hold the shift key down after the start up chime, and then make the edits.

I'm no master by any means I still haven't been able to get mine to work yet but I did have the problem you're having or at least similar. What you have to do is not boot via chimera but threw the original USB you used to instal ML and click on your partition using -v -x (possible GraphicsEnabler=0) that should be able to boot you in safe mode so you can edit any of the files they are suggesting. Hopefully it works.

Greetings,
I have almost the same problem. I have been a happy user of 10.8.2 for a few months, and today I have let the system make the update by its own to 10.8.3.
- All went good, it rebooted, and seemed to work.
- Afterwards, it let me know that I still need to update Aperture and iTunes. Did it, then reboot
- First booted to Win7 (cause I needed some file) and then rebooted towards OSX..
- >> PROBLEM: Kernel panic ! I have no idea what it is it and what caused it, I am globally a beginner with Hackintosh..

This is the error I get:

Should I follow the same advice as above ? (maybe it is a different reason in my case.. says something about audio)
Also, the original installation was made using 10.8.2, and the USB Flash drive I have created (and still have) it is with 10.8.2. In case I need to use it, will it work ?

Thank you for your advices.
Lucian

Caused by macpro5,1 system definition. Delete Extra/smbios.plist and restart. To fix: select a different MultiBeast/System Definition or delete S/L/E/AppleTyMCEDriver.kext.

You're a genius. How do you learn stuff like that? Where's the manual?

UPDATE:
Seem to have solved the problem. Here's what I did:
Reboot, Hold Shift Key pressed --> this booted the system in Safe Mode
Logged in, then gone to System/Library/Extensions and deleted VoodooHDA.kext
Rebuilt cache (in terminal, run "sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions"
Repaired permissions (open disk utility, select ML partition and press Repair disk permissions button
Reboot

And YAY, it works.
Now, of course, I don't have the soundboard installed anymore, but don't mind 'cause I was using an USB one anyways.

NOTE: All of the above are not my merit; it's info I found here on the forum, posted by other users. Don't exactly know what the last 2 steps do, or if they are always necessary, but in my case it worked.

Sort of Off-topic, but what is the importance of system definition ?
I mean, before I made the update and before having the kernel panic problem, my system was seen as a MacPro3,1. Now, after the update to 10.8.3 and after solving the issue with kernel panic, it is seen simply as a MacPro Early 2008.

Is this thing important ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back