Contribute
Register

Kaby Lake FakeCPUID Lenovo 710 i7-7500U

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, Keyboard and mouse fully working now!!
I but a new RehabMan VoodooPS2 Controller kext. Rebuild Cache kext utility, and Bingo.
actualy its using acpi and pci based controller support!
what did it was replace old dsdt from Lenovo 710 isk to new one Lenovo 710 ikb. And thats it!
Abosolutely fantastic! Now fully working macOsSierra Kaby Lake with tochpad, appstore, facetime, imessage, sound and so on....

Hi,

I bought a new laptop Lenovo Yoga 14 i7 7500U couple months ago. I was hoping that Apple would bring some support for Kaby Lake processor at Apple Event in October but as we all know, no go at this time! The future will tell If/when?

Well, however I have already installed osSierra Skylake i7-6500U to my old laptop which I changed to a new one, Lenovo 710 i7-7500U. I still have left M.2 SSD from old laptop with functional Clover inside it, config.plist double boot OS X/win 10 and so on…

And I was digging new Lenovo i7 7500U how to unlock bios to access to advanced menu some time ago, and I succeeded to do that :) There are tons of options to change settings in Basic Input Output System!

So I managed find Intel i7-7500U CPUID which is: 0x806E9

I have not tried yet to change cpuid in Clover (old laptop m.2 ssd) and install it to new Lenovo, but if somebody will try to change Cpuid similar spec. Laptops We'll see what happens?

between i7 7500U and i7-6500U is not much differences because they both are using same BGA1356 socket at the same architecture, whit only higher clock speed, and support for HEVC/H.265 decoding and HD 620 which is 20-30% faster than HD 520.

Intel HD620 have id which is:0x5916

Maybe this can be helpful to manage install Sierra with kaby lake support whit FAKECPUID??

Thanks.

How did you unlock your BIOS, can you provide a link?

to sort of append this thread... this isn't my first (or second, for that matter) hack

i just received a brand new lenovo yoga 710 15IKB.
following the laptop instructions:
create USB installer, add clover, configure as noted.
add fakepciid kext, use stock hd620 config.plist

installer loads first time, without issue, no safe mode or additional flags. judging by the smooth international greeting, i'm assuming graphics are fully functional, and the KB/trackpad are working OOB.

installer cannot see internal storage

windows doesn't report any NVMe storage controllers, just basic MS storage controllers.

i've got a locked down UEFI setup menu (read: cannot force SATA to AHCI). could this be the culprit?

EDIT: couldn't determine anything from windows, but a google of the ssd LITEON CV3-8D256 clearly indicates an m2 variety storage device.

Last edited:
to sort of append this thread... this isn't my first (or second, for that matter) hack

i just received a brand new lenovo yoga 710 15IKB.
following the laptop instructions:
create USB installer, add clover, configure as noted.
add fakepciid kext, use stock hd620 config.plist

installer loads first time, without issue, no safe mode or additional flags. judging by the smooth international greeting, i'm assuming graphics are fully functional, and the KB/trackpad are working OOB.

installer cannot see internal storage

windows doesn't report any NVMe storage controllers, just basic MS storage controllers.

i've got a locked down UEFI setup menu (read: cannot force SATA to AHCI). could this be the culprit?

EDIT: couldn't determine anything from windows, but a google of the ssd LITEON CV3-8D256 clearly indicates an m2 variety storage device.

Did you forget SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext?

And... you definitely forgot to fill out your profile/signature as requested in the guide
(but I happen to know the Yoga 710 is 100-series chipset).

Did you forget SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext?

And... you definitely forgot to fill out your profile/signature as requested in the guide
(but I happen to know the Yoga 710 is 100-series chipset).

oops my bad on the signature. glad you know what's up. and about the sata kext....
d'oh. will load right now

sata kext for teh win. thx for pointing out my gross oversight

Hi,

I bought a new laptop Lenovo Yoga 14 i7 7500U couple months ago. I was hoping that Apple would bring some support for Kaby Lake processor at Apple Event in October but as we all know, no go at this time! The future will tell If/when?

Well, however I have already installed osSierra Skylake i7-6500U to my old laptop which I changed to a new one, Lenovo 710 i7-7500U. I still have left M.2 SSD from old laptop with functional Clover inside it, config.plist double boot OS X/win 10 and so on…

And I was digging new Lenovo i7 7500U how to unlock bios to access to advanced menu some time ago, and I succeeded to do that :) There are tons of options to change settings in Basic Input Output System!

So I managed find Intel i7-7500U CPUID which is: 0x806E9

I have not tried yet to change cpuid in Clover (old laptop m.2 ssd) and install it to new Lenovo, but if somebody will try to change Cpuid similar spec. Laptops We'll see what happens?

between i7 7500U and i7-6500U is not much differences because they both are using same BGA1356 socket at the same architecture, whit only higher clock speed, and support for HEVC/H.265 decoding and HD 620 which is 20-30% faster than HD 520.

Intel HD620 have id which is:0x5916

Maybe this can be helpful to manage install Sierra with kaby lake support whit FAKECPUID??

Thanks.

how do you get advanced tab for the bios?
\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back