CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
Vega 64/ HD 530
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Hi,

I bought a new laptop Lenovo Yoga 14 i7 7500U couple months ago. I was hoping that Apple would bring some support for Kaby Lake processor at Apple Event in October but as we all know, no go at this time! The future will tell If/when?

Well, however I have already installed osSierra Skylake i7-6500U to my old laptop which I changed to a new one, Lenovo 710 i7-7500U. I still have left M.2 SSD from old laptop with functional Clover inside it, config.plist double boot OS X/win 10 and so on…

And I was digging new Lenovo i7 7500U how to unlock bios to access to advanced menu some time ago, and I succeeded to do that :) There are tons of options to change settings in Basic Input Output System!

So I managed find Intel i7-7500U CPUID which is: 0x806E9

I have not tried yet to change cpuid in Clover (old laptop m.2 ssd) and install it to new Lenovo, but if somebody will try to change Cpuid similar spec. Laptops We'll see what happens?

between i7 7500U and i7-6500U is not much differences because they both are using same BGA1356 socket at the same architecture, whit only higher clock speed, and support for HEVC/H.265 decoding and HD 620 which is 20-30% faster than HD 520.

Intel HD620 have id which is:0x5916

Maybe this can be helpful to manage install Sierra with kaby lake support whit FAKECPUID??

Thanks.

Attachments

• Bios Lenovo.jpg
    Bios Lenovo.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 1,162
Hi,

I bought a new laptop Lenovo Yoga 14 i7 7500U couple months ago. I was hoping that Apple would bring some support for Kaby Lake processor at Apple Event in October but as we all know, no go at this time! The future will tell If/when?

Well, however I have already installed osSierra Skylake i7-6500U to my old laptop which I changed to a new one, Lenovo 710 i7-7500U. I still have left M.2 SSD from old laptop with functional Clover inside it, config.plist double boot OS X/win 10 and so on…

And I was digging new Lenovo i7 7500U how to unlock bios to access to advanced menu some time ago, and I succeeded to do that :) There are tons of options to change settings in Basic Input Output System!

So I managed find Intel i7-7500U CPUID which is: 0x806E9

I have not tried yet to change cpuid in Clover (old laptop m.2 ssd) and install it to new Lenovo, but if somebody will try to change Cpuid similar spec. Laptops We'll see what happens?

between i7 7500U and i7-6500U is not much differences because they both are using same BGA1356 socket at the same architecture, whit only higher clock speed, and support for HEVC/H.265 decoding and HD 620 which is 20-30% faster than HD 520.

Intel HD620 have id which is:0x5916

Maybe this can be helpful to manage install Sierra with kaby lake support whit FAKECPUID??

Thanks.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

There is config_HD620.plist that has the correct settings.
You will also need FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext.

Thanks for the answer,
I changed old m.2 ssd (Sierra in) to new Lenovo, and it looks like Clover recognize Kaby Lake i7. I copy paste newest version from clover manually to m.2 ssd with my desktop, and I changed FakeCPUID to 0x5916 whit NO debug on. smbios iMac17,1 was the only setting which let me forward to the apple logo.
I will check out the thread you sent me.
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0538.jpg
    IMG_0538.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 908
  • IMG_0537.jpg
    IMG_0537.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 813
Last edited:
Thanks for the answer,
I changed old m.2 ssd (Sierra in) to new Lenovo, and it looks like Clover recognize Kaby Lake i7. I copy paste newest version from clover manually to m.2 ssd with my desktop, and I changed FakeCPUID to 0x5916 whit NO debug on. smbios iMac17,1 was the only setting which let me forward to the apple logo.
I will check out the thread you sent me.
Thanks

Read post #2.

WOW,
Just awesome. Working osSierra running Lenovo Yoga 710 Kaby Lake i7-7500U.
I put these kext EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/OTHER. FakePCIID+Intel_HD_Graphics.kext. and config_HD620.plist.
Osx only recognize Kaby Lake as Intel Xeon as you can see from picture.
Thank you so much RehabMan.

Attachments

• Kaby Lake Sierra.jpg
    Kaby Lake Sierra.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 1,172
the only problem at the moment is ELAN trackpad is not working.... AppStore working fine with NullEthernet inject.
so the only problem is keyboard and mouse. I use extended Logitech K400 at the moment. any solution?
tried already
No go :(

Last edited by a moderator:
the only problem at the moment is ELAN trackpad is not working.... AppStore working fine with NullEthernet inject.
so the only problem is keyboard and mouse. I use extended Logitech K400 at the moment. any solution?
tried already
No go :(

Are you certain you have an ELAN PS2 trackpad?
Many new laptops come with I2C trackpads.
You didn't attach ioreg.

Are you certain you have an ELAN PS2 trackpad?
Many new laptops come with I2C trackpads.
You didn't attach ioreg.
Hi,
you were absolutely right about trackpad.It uses indeed I2C! Lenovo 710 14 ISK (old laptop which I had) was using Elan trackpad.
But I'm still stuck, and I can't get it to work. Tried to install VoodooI2C trackpad! Perhaps have to edit DSDT file??
Here is my ioreg file :)

Attachments

• ioreg.zip
    487.5 KB · Views: 146
Hi,
you were absolutely right about trackpad.It uses indeed I2C! Lenovo 710 14 ISK (old laptop which I had) was using Elan trackpad.
But I'm still stuck, and I can't get it to work. Tried to install VoodooI2C trackpad! Perhaps have to edit DSDT file??
Here is my ioreg file :)

I have no experience with I2C. Although my understanding is there are specific ACPI changes that must be made...
You should search for the related topic and read carefully.

The keyboard is I2C synaptics 7501 trackpad.
So I think I can find a solution somehow?
inside the bios has an option to choose
different value to use tochpad or not and so on...
Got to investigate :)
Thank you for the time!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back