Motherboard
LaVie Z PC-LZ550LS-Clover
CPU
i5-3337U/UM77
Graphics
HD 4000 (1600 x 900)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I know this is not a Catalina specific question, but I can find no where to post it, so I post it here, hope it's fine.
I have a Japanese 109 keys keyboard, its physical layout is exactly like this one Fujitsu keyboard.
The problem with this keyboard is that many symbols are in different locations compared to US layout one, such as the @ mark is shift-2 for US layout one, while with this Japanese keyboard, it's next to the P, with no shift.

macOS can not recognize this keyboard type, but I set to JIS. But with shift-2, I get the @ symbol, not " which is expected. (input souce is ABC)

The question is how to set up this keyboard, so that what I pressed is what It meant to, such as shift-2 produces ", not @.

Hope my intention is clear.
Thanks!

Unless you can find a 3rd party app like SharpKeys for Mac OS you are probably out of luck. Apple provides a way to remap modifier keys, but not any of the others.
Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 4.30.06 PM.png

Unless you can find a 3rd party app like SharpKeys for Mac OS you are probably out of luck. Apple provides a way to remap modifier keys, but not any of the others.View attachment 470411
That's too bad. Apple also has its own Japanese layout keyboard, it's similar to mine, I don't know how doesn't mine be recognized, weird!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back