Contribute
Register

iWork and iLife won't update in Mavericks. All other apps update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the same issue and took the short cut by deleting the old ilife (iphoto and imovie) and purchasing iphoto 9.5 and imovie 10.0 from app store. Problem solved and I'm $30 short ;-)

I don't claim to be as knowledgable as others, but this isn't make any sense. You're talking about using VMware, which seems to be a 3rd party app to run Windows on a Mac. Then you're talking about Clover USB boot disk.

I'm not stupid, but can anyone just lay this out? I've already updated to Mavericks and successfully updated all apps with the exception of iLife. I don't have the disks since I updated ages ago. Can I still update, or is this a lost cause for me? Or am I just not smart enough to update this?

i got vmware 6 installed and mavericks installed within that. using that, i got iphoto to update on my hackintosh. when i try to update imovie, it says my computer doesn't meet requirements. i read somewhere that you can tell vmware that it has more video memory, but that seems to be a feature of the paid version of vmware and i only downloaded the free trial. i'm stuck without the imovie update again.

does anyone expect an update to chimera to fix this? i know they updated it to fix the imessages problem, which seems to be similar to this one. i don't want to pay for vmware to avoid paying $15 for imovie. and i don't want to pay for imovie, because i already paid for it long ago.

The non update problem is due to Chimera / Chamelon initialization.
If you boot with clover, it is working. (for imovie you need to have graphic acceleration working, for iphoto a sufficient resolution).
Prepare an USB key with clover boot (MBR second option and menu). Boot from this key in your normal installation (you select it by menu). It will work for iwork, ilife and aperture. They are updating and your "purchase" is recorded.

i'd also like to know more about this. i tried making a clover bootable usb to boot into mavericks (which i heard is supposed to work), but for some reason, my computer won't boot into osx using clover.

how do you use this vmware program and where do you get it?

also, will there be an update to chimera that fixes this problem? i heard it was the same problem as the imessages problem, but i can still log in to imessages. the only thing i can't do is update imovie and iphoto. i get the same two error messages as the ones in the first post.

Directions to boot with Clover:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...age-requires-clover-alternate-bootloader.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back