Contribute
Register

iWork and iLife won't update in Mavericks. All other apps update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
heard of this trick but it didn't have a great explanation. Is it just a program you install or what?

i'd also like to know more about this. i tried making a clover bootable usb to boot into mavericks (which i heard is supposed to work), but for some reason, my computer won't boot into osx using clover.

how do you use this vmware program and where do you get it?

also, will there be an update to chimera that fixes this problem? i heard it was the same problem as the imessages problem, but i can still log in to imessages. the only thing i can't do is update imovie and iphoto. i get the same two error messages as the ones in the first post.

I have the same problem on iWork and Ilife won't update on Mavericks. I have bought legit cd copies which i paid a premium price and it is so frustrating. This is what I did to make it work but its not guaranteed to others. Since I was so frustrated, I grab my Macbook white Unibody and try to do a clean install of Maverick. Sign on my Apple Id and continue to install my iWork and Ilife cd. click the Apple store for update and app store gave me the update on Iwork and Ilife. after doing the update I click Purchases and there I have the latest Iwork and Ilife available for download. I went and check my purchases on my hackintosh and it was also updated. please note I did another clean install on my hackintosh without using the cd but just download Iwork and Ilife from App store purchase. Garage band is free so just download from the App store.

i'd do that if i had another mac. need another way to do it.

I just tried to reinstall iLife '11 with the disc in hopes that it would somehow magically work. It did not. In fact I got a message that the license expired when I first started to reinstall.

At any rate, I'd love to see if anyone else has a fix for this. I know that "real Mac" owners were having similar problems with this as well, but I haven't heard of a fix for them either.

I managed to update iWork - it was not easy.
I had to create a Clover USB Boot disc - that's a black art to do.
There are a few Clover guides jotted around but no-are newbie friendly.
Too be honest I was not sure what I was doing, but got lucky it managed to boot my maverick and I managed to login to the App store and update.

Clover is doing something with either the platform ID and/or the Apple ID and fooling the App store into approving the update.

Go over to our friend at Insanely Mac re Clover.

VMWare trick worked perfectly, managed to update iLife, iWork and Aperture

VMWare trick worked perfectly, managed to update iLife, iWork and Aperture

what is the "vmware trick"? is it described somewhere? i somehow managed to figure out how to make an iso of my mavericks installer, i attempted to install it to the vmware and it won't start up. i have no idea what i'm doing. i also tried making a clover boot usb and that didn't work either. if the clover people know how to bypass this problem, can they share it with the chimera/chameleon people so they can update their much-easier-to-use bootloader so we all can benefit?

what is the "vmware trick"? is it described somewhere? i somehow managed to figure out how to make an iso of my mavericks installer, i attempted to install it to the vmware and it won't start up. i have no idea what i'm doing. i also tried making a clover boot usb and that didn't work either. if the clover people know how to bypass this problem, can they share it with the chimera/chameleon people so they can update their much-easier-to-use bootloader so we all can benefit?

Here : http://www.tonymacx86.com/mac-software/112477-cant-update-new-iwork-7.html#post695958. I'm using Clover as my regular bootloader and couldn't update those apps without VMware

I don't claim to be as knowledgable as others, but this isn't make any sense. You're talking about using VMware, which seems to be a 3rd party app to run Windows on a Mac. Then you're talking about Clover USB boot disk.

I'm not stupid, but can anyone just lay this out? I've already updated to Mavericks and successfully updated all apps with the exception of iLife. I don't have the disks since I updated ages ago. Can I still update, or is this a lost cause for me? Or am I just not smart enough to update this?

It's a little confusing, but if you take it one step at a time it's not too bad.

You have two options:

1) Make sure your BIOS/UEFI is set to run virtualization. Google VMWare 6 and install it. Follow the directions mentioned, and you should be all set. However, once you're running Mavericks in VMWare you will need to install the original iLife disc or download (i.e., pay) the apps from the App Store. If you can find the disc, install iLife. After you have installed/purchased the apps, you can pause the downloads just after they start. There is no need to update to the new iLife apps in the VMWare, you only want the process to start.

Once that is all set, go back to your Hack and update your iLife apps normally. All should be well.

2) Boot with a Clover boot loader USB. I don't know anything at all about Clover, but this option is sort of like booting with UniBeast. You set up the USB with Clover as mentioned, and then you make sure to have your BIOS/UEFI boot with the USB instead of your HDD. After booting with the Clover USB, you go into your Mavericks install. You should be able to update normally.

After you update you can shut down your system, remove the USB, and then return to normal booting with the TonyMacx86 tools (i.e., Chimera). Clover will not be necessary after updating iLife.​

Since you don't have the iLife discs anymore, it may make sense to go the Clover route. If you think that the VMWare is easier, and you're okay with paying for the apps again, then you can go that route.

Personally I wasn't sure which way to go, but I really didn't understand the Clover USB process so I went with VMWare. I found it to be pretty simple once I started. However, I still have my iLife disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back