Contribute
Register

iTunes Protected Video Black Screen Solution (HDCP)

Motherboard
MSI B360 A-Pro
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
UHD 630 + RX 560
Mobile Phone
iOS
Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD5 TH
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I am encountering the black screen when trying to play purchased TV shows in iTunes (I'm speaking of my CustoMac Pro build in my signature below). I tried taking all the steps in post #1 of this thread and still get the black screen.

Are those instructions still valid?

Motherboard
GA-H87N-WIFI
CPU
Core i7-4790S
Graphics
GT 740
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
So I've got a Sapphire Pulse RX 580 in 10.14.2 and I've got HEVC/H264 acceleration working (with iGPU enabled), but iTunes streaming is not working. I saw an earlier comment that you can only have one or the other. Is that still the case?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X-UD3 ULTRA
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mobile Phone
iOS
@ammulder it’s still a bit hit-or-miss but I was finally able to get hardware acceleration and DRM iTunes playback working at the same time. In my case, this guide helped— my IGPU and AMD card were not configured correctly. Note that DRM only works for downloaded content. I haven’t seen a streaming solution yet...but I think we’re getting closer.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X-UD3 ULTRA
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mobile Phone
iOS
Got it. Same issue. I can only get streaming to work by disabling IGPU. Been playing with this for over a year and haven't found the solution. My best guess is that it has to do with the Shiki value and which decoder processes the live stream.

I finally bought a big hard drive and just downloaded everything. It was faster than trying to constantly reconfigure and test my system (often breaking something else in the process). But would love to find the answer.