Contribute
Register

iTunes Protected Video Black Screen Solution (HDCP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it’s dependent on the internal graphics?

Tried turning my on but causes a boot loop

Try adding this patch to the config.plist - FixHeaders_20000000 - this should stop the boot loop. If you're still experiencing Boot loop, disable internal graphics but leave patch in place and try again.

Total noob here and can use some help.
Installed High Sierra. Currently booting fine, seems stable, but black screen with progress bar stuck at 0 for downloaded purchased movies/ TV shows in iTunes.
It was working fine in Sierra, where I had just Shiki installed. I have spent a couple days trying to figure this out with no real progress.

Ran through all the process in post 1.
No change. (this worked on sierra)

VDADecoderChecker
VDADecoderCreate failed. err: -12473
Segmentation fault: 11

Integrated graphics disabled in bios

If I enable the integrated graphics I can get VDAdecoderchecker to say everything is okay but iTunes is unstable and doesn't actually play the movie. (I think I might have had to actually be plugged in to the MB HDMI during this boot though.) I reset the DRM in this config but it didn't help when booted back to the stable integrated graphics disabled config.

Currently boots fine with LlLU and Shiki. Both are loaded according to kextstat.
When I add NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext i get stuck in a boot loop.
I think this might because I am running 14,2 and NvidiaGraphicsFixup is for MacPro 6,1?
Changing to MacPro 6,1 boots to black screen but responds to keyboard (sounds and successful login) but easy fix to that is installing NvidiaGraphicsFixup which still results in bootloop with MacPro 6,1. Tried creating a DSDT to fix but I am a noob it looks like I am getting the same bootloop.

I think the only reason I need NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext is to inject IOVARendererID. Is there a way to do this without the rest of NvidiaGraphicsFixup and staying 14,2?

I am okay staying 14,2 or changing to 6,1 if it fixes iTunes.

Any ideas or help?
plist for both my 14,2 (config) and pro 6,1 (config6_1) are attached.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.1 KB · Views: 314
  • config6_1.plist
    5.4 KB · Views: 304
Total noob here and can use some help.
Installed High Sierra. Currently booting fine, seems stable, but black screen with progress bar stuck at 0 for downloaded purchased movies/ TV shows in iTunes.
It was working fine in Sierra, where I had just Shiki installed. I have spent a couple days trying to figure this out with no real progress.

Ran through all the process in post 1.
No change. (this worked on sierra)

VDADecoderChecker
VDADecoderCreate failed. err: -12473
Segmentation fault: 11

Integrated graphics disabled in bios

If I enable the integrated graphics I can get VDAdecoderchecker to say everything is okay but iTunes is unstable and doesn't actually play the movie. (I think I might have had to actually be plugged in to the MB HDMI during this boot though.) I reset the DRM in this config but it didn't help when booted back to the stable integrated graphics disabled config.

Currently boots fine with LlLU and Shiki. Both are loaded according to kextstat.
When I add NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext i get stuck in a boot loop.
I think this might because I am running 14,2 and NvidiaGraphicsFixup is for MacPro 6,1?
Changing to MacPro 6,1 boots to black screen but responds to keyboard (sounds and successful login) but easy fix to that is installing NvidiaGraphicsFixup which still results in bootloop with MacPro 6,1. Tried creating a DSDT to fix but I am a noob it looks like I am getting the same bootloop.

I think the only reason I need NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext is to inject IOVARendererID. Is there a way to do this without the rest of NvidiaGraphicsFixup and staying 14,2?

I am okay staying 14,2 or changing to 6,1 if it fixes iTunes.

Any ideas or help?
plist for both my 14,2 (config) and pro 6,1 (config6_1) are attached.

Thanks in advance.

Ok - 14.2 Mac version is fine, that being said, you must absolutely insure that Lilu, Shiki, NvidiaGraphicsFixUp Kexts are the latest releases. These kexts are not necessarily used just for MacPro 6,1, I use them in my setup to stop booting to a black screen, play my iTunes movie collection and stop iTune crash. If all the aforementioned is ok, one more, thing try adding this: -patchFixHeaders_20000000 to your config.plist and possibly disable Integrated graphics and give it a shot, ignore the VDADecoderChecker error. Repair Permissions, reboot and run through the steps to play iTunes Movies for your graphic card again then reboot. After rebooting try iTunes movies again. Good luck.

Regardless of what other patches you have, this one is needed to help solve BootLoop.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-21 at 12.25.06.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-21 at 12.25.06.png
    301.7 KB · Views: 483
Thanks, tried all of the suggested steps but just can't make it work. iTunes still reports "This movie can be played only on displays that support HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection)."

In my case, I can't get the internal graphics card to run with my 1080ti Nvidia. Even with the Fix Headers patch, the machine boot loops. So if that's required, not sure this method will work.

I tried disabling it and keeping the patch, then redoing each of the steps... still no luck. Running the very latest kexts.

System still reports
Domain (com.apple.coremedia) not found.
Domain (com.apple.AppleGVA) not found.

So whatever change that is supposed to make isn't happening.

Are we sure Shiki is updated for High Sierra?

Wow! Finally! @esafeddie
I had checked shiki and lilu, but then i replaced my NVIDIAgraphicsfixup.kext which did the trick for me!
Thank you!

Glad you got sorted - enjoy. Can you please fill in your rig's (hardware) profile under your avatar so that other members with similar maybe can get a glimmer of hope in fixing theirs or perhaps ask you a question. We are all here to help one another, anyway enjoy. :thumbup:

Glad you got sorted - enjoy. Can you please fill in your rig's (hardware) profile under your avatar so that other members with similar maybe can get a glimmer of hope in fixing theirs or perhaps ask you a question. We are all here to help one another, anyway enjoy. :thumbup:

Oh for sure, I thought I did, but maybe that was just in signature. Lemme look into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back