Contribute
Register

iTunes Protected Video Black Screen Solution (HDCP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
iTunes works fine on my machine with iTunes 12.6 and MacOs 10.12.6, but it stops working when I upgrade to the latest iTunes version.

Since installing the second update in High Sierra, my iTunes movie collection is again met with a black screen even though I went through all the steps that had it working before this latest update. Has anyone had any success with the latest update 10.13.2 (17C88).

Update on getting iTunes to play my movie collection - acquire the latest Shiki.kext, Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext placed them in the 'Other' folder in the EFI partition then ran through the instructions on post #1 for my Nvidia card, rebooted and Movies and Movies Extras are playing again so the rig is performing like a real Mac in every aspect - Happy days :).

Update on getting iTunes to play my movie collection - acquire the latest Shiki.kext, Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext placed them in the 'Other' folder in the EFI partition then ran through the instructions on post #1 for my Nvidia card, rebooted and Movies and Movies Extras are playing again so the rig is performing like a real Mac in every aspect - Happy days :).

Well Esafeddie, thanks for the update, i've got to give it a try (again!) even if i don't have a Nvidia card.. i will post when i'll try with my Intel HD graphics ...

Well Esafeddie, thanks for the update, i've got to give it a try (again!) even if i don't have a Nvidia card.. i will post when i'll try with my Intel HD graphics ...

Of course you know that you have to go through the steps pertaining to your own graphical setup if you're not running a discrete card i.e Intel graphics output. Good luck.

... acquire the latest Shiki.kext, Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext placed them in the 'Other' folder in the EFI partition then ....

Is placing in 'Other' in EFI anything more than just a simple file copy into the directory? Is kextbeast used, or any special ACLs?

Edit:Update

With Haswell-E (NO IGPU), it is not possible to make VDA work.

Attachments

• Clover.png
    Clover.png
    173.6 KB · Views: 498
  • Shiki.png
    Shiki.png
    173 KB · Views: 464
Last edited:
Tried again with the updated kexts. Just get a black screen when trying to play movies. Don't get an HDCP warning though.

Edit:Update

With Haswell-E (NO IGPU), it is not possible to make VDA work.

Don't know how much difference this will make if any at all but don't you think you should at least complete your machine's input values by injecting a SmUUID value and ticking the 'Trust' box in the SMBIOS tab? To me the attention to these little details goes a long way to getting the Hack to operate as close as possible like a real Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back