Register

Itunes help, cant play videos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Auros GAMING 5
CPU
i7 8700k
Im having trouble getting movies to play on itunes , i downgraded to 10.7 and still no luck even in 32bit mode any ideas?

10.8.5, mL

oh so if i use itunes before 10.6 it will work? I remember being able to use it before on my itunes

jus bought a movie and i wanna watch it and cant seem to use itunes or remove drm or what ever
so mad.

i kno theres a way to fix this i just dont know , does anyone ?!?!

wow seriously only one person responds?

yea and i have done that and tried every solution.

yea and i have done that and tried every solution.

I don't find fault with your posting. However the consensus is that we're all screwed. This is a by-design software issue of Apple only allowing protected content to play back on an Apple monitor using displayport. Without that specific environment, the hdcp handshake does not occur. It's really quite unfortunate that in the entire braintrust here that nobody has hacked it. The only workaround for now is to strip the DRM, but personally that involves transcoding or decoding/recoding on the fly and that is not lossless. There is no direct workaround that allows you to play a protected video file from your hack to a regular monitor even if it's hdcp compliant.

I find this a violation of Apple's tenets, via selling these Mac Mini's under the "BYOKDM" premise. We aren't the only people to suffer from this issue, but even the Sandy Bridge Mac Mini's are having troubles. There is periodically a huge stink raised over on the Apple forums from their Mini customers who are understandably irate about this development.

Granted we're on Hack's, and it's not legit nor expected to work nor be supported by Apple, they clearly put some engineering into the Windows version of iTunes to be HDCP compliant using industry standards. The fact that they botched industry standards on their own native platforms I think should give anybody running OSX some room for complaint, Hack or not. I would make the educated guess that the vast majority of Hackintosh users are customers in the sense that they buy the OS and pay for the apps they use.

I also know for a fact that I've interacted with Apple engineers in the OSx86 community. It is also publicly known that quite a few customac builders are in the Appleseed testing program with Apple's full knowledge that they are running a Hackintosh. The engineers find the information valuable and it gives them a more broad testing base for machines that are in development. So, I'm glad these threads pop up.

So begs the question, is it possible to get it working using a thunderbolt or cinema display ?

ya i understand and ive read that everywhere, thing is i remeber being able to use my itunes back when i first had my hackintosh running, not sure if i used 32bit mode or what. windows side it works fine, i have a friend whos gunna help me get it running again today i hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back