Contribute
Register

It says “MacOS could not be installed on your computer”, how can I get around this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The original poster wrote on #1

If you are getting that posted error image on reboot(“MacOS could not be installed on your computer”) following Disk Utility Partition and format of the Target System Disk and initiation of macOS install on the Target Hard disk after License agreement, 3-6 minutes of System file copying on to the target hard disk, once you reach Clover Boot Manager Screen , make sure you are NOT clicking the same USB installer Flash disk from CBM screen , but click the partially installed System Hard disk to continue the installation. This has to be repeated on each reboot (there can be 2-3 reboots) before you will get a chance to select a Language, etc and complete the installation and reach the Desktop To install Clover and kexts on the System disk ( run Multibeast on System Disk) .

I am trying to install 10.13.6. After confirming license agreement and installation process, it is going to reboot. Should I click my target SSD to boot or continue with USB installer?
Going to the new system disk gives me boot error.

@manitou, please add details of your Motherboard to your profile (account details).
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

Thanks for responsing ...

I've update my profile ....

Here's the problem ....

I want to do a first ever install on a new Hackintosh. Put together the High Sierra from the 22mb stub per Tonymacx86 instructions. The full install (5+GB) was installed on USB disk using unibeast.
Booted up USB installer successfully, MACOS installer ran, Chose MacOs language, it went into install mode .... but the shortly thereafter:

"MacOS could not be installed on your computer. An error occurred while loading the installer resources."

would really, really appreciate help on this.

I have the same symptoms as manitou. I was using the partial 20MB+ installer. Then using the workaround https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...cted-mac-os-x-installer-is-incomplete.249330/

I manage to create a bootable USB using Unibeast from Tonymac. Tried 3-4 times, of installation gave me same error.

"Mac OS could not be installed on your computer"

I am planning to go back to Sierra and upgrade from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back