Contribute
Register

Issues with Z68X-UD3H-B3 Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep its fine.

Hi MiniITX, could you be so fine to help me too!?

I have the exact same config of Rockstar:

Z68X-UD3H-B3 with EUFI bios
16GB Ram
HD 3000 (no other GPU)

at the moment I have OSX 10.8.2 ML installed and everything is working fine, except the USB 2.0 AND 3.0 ports with wake/sleep. :banghead:

USB devices are working when connected but when I put the computer asleep and I wake it up, the keyboard and mouse won't work anymore (both USB attached) and all the connected peripherals got a red halt error ... so I have to phisically disconnect and reconnect everything. :think:

what's wrong with my build? Here you can find my Multibeast screen shoots so you can judge by yourself and tell me. Thanks in advance! :) ;)

cheers

View attachment ml.zip

Looking at the photos you attached, i guess you are using old MB. Download the latest one 5.1.3-1

Make sure the BIOS settings are set as per RockStar.

Do a fresh installation and check only those options given by RockStar.

Are you using HDMI port?

thanks for the reply! :)

no, i'm not using HDMI for video output but DVI.

A FRESH install? :banghead: AGAIN ...well...ok... :angel:

btw is there a method to have OSX ML on the USB stick with all the updates straight?

PS: I found a new (beta) EUFI BIOS for the mobo.. U1j dated 23-10-2012... installed! ;)

ooharay!!:headbang:

Success, :thumbup: .. thanks and cudos to miniITX! ;) rellay thanks so much!

Now I have OSX ML 10.8.2 perfectly functioning! And also both USB 2.0 and 3.0 are working like charm, and sleep/wake up too. In the attach you can see my MB settings.

But now I really would like to be serious with this Mac hacked so I have some questions:

1. I have chosen to load Chimera bootloader but other builds with the same EUFI bios and mobo didn't, so is it really necessary? Consider also that I'd like to go towards a fusion drive if it becomes my main computer.
  2. btw do you have the boot option in your mono set to EUFI or SATA for the 1st HD that boots up?
  3. what will happen if I upgrade my mobo BIOS? Have I to rebuild everything from scratch again?
  4. what are the best method to backup an mackintosh build? Do I have to keep Unibeast, robot, and the USB stick? What else is necessary? what are your advices regard this?

Thanks so much for everything @MiniITX ... I'm quite happy with this build!:clap:

have a nice sunday :wave:

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    231 KB · Views: 63
I have chosen to load Chimera bootloader but other builds with the same EUFI bios and mobo didn't, so is it really necessary? Consider also that I'd like to go towards a fusion drive if it becomes my main computer.

Open Multibeast, select the option DSDT or DSDT free and at the bottom read the description.

what will happen if I upgrade my mobo BIOS? Have I to rebuild everything from scratch again?

At the moment you got everything working plus you don't use a DSDT file, which is gr8. Don't fix it if its not broken.

what are the best method to backup an mackintosh build? Do I have to keep Unibeast, robot, and the USB stick? What else is necessary? what are your advices regard this?

You can use Time machine (built in) or Carbon copy cloner (Free software) to back up the drives.

Sometime upgrading the OSX might break a perfectly working system. Its always recommended that before you upgrade the OSX always visit tonymac forum.

Its always safe to have a unibest USB drive and a 2nd bootable backup partition using which you can get access to all the drives.

If you restore from Time machine or carbon copy cloner all you have to do is run Multibeast once with DSDT or DSDT free option checked and you are good to go.
After rebooting all the files are there in the same place where you left it. Its like nothing happened at all.

I think I spoke too early ... :rolleyes:

there is a little problem with sleep/wake up command. If I go to the Apple menu and select "sleep", the machine goes to sleep properly and wake up properly too... and all the devices are working properly after waking up,

but if I go to the System Preferences and I select under Energy Saver, let's say 5 min of waiting active and then go to sleep, the machine simply doesn't go: nothing happens. Only the monitor is switched off correctly and put to sleep.

Any hints? :confused:

Your system may be busy doing something in the background, which could be stopping the auto sleep to kick in.
I'm sure if you check the logs you will find nothing.

But, if you leave the system untouched for 10mins (default Auto sleep time) the system will go to sleep.

If the Auto sleep function is very important for you and you want the system to go to sleep before 10mins time then I suggest you use this tiny app which runs in the background.
I have tested it and it works very good. http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/61481-fix-auto-sleep.html

Rockstar, please can you test the auto sleep on you system mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back