Motherboard
GA-Z170X-Gaming 7
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I am getting a frustrating blank screen after the apple logo loads upon booting (it is the same color as the loading the screen with the apple logo, just without the apple). Using -v doesn't show any hangups.

Specs:

i7 3770K w/ CM 212 Hyper Cooler
GA-z77-DS3H
Samsung 840 Pro SSD 128 GB
Seagate HDD 1 TB
GTX 660 GPU

Recently purchased all of the parts and I had Lion running just fine on SSD yesterday after using MultiBeast, went out today and bought a copy of Windows to do some gaming. Started from scratch, wiped SSD, set two partitions in GUID (one Mac OS Journaled, the other MS-FAT), installed windows 8.1 without a hitch. Ran Unibeast off of my USB, installed Lion and it was booting up just fine. It was defaulting to Windows unless I hit F12 and selected the USB drive to boot from, but I hadn't run Multibeast yet. Went into Lion, ran Multibeast, and here is everything I checked:

UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Install
Audio -> Realtek ACLC8xx -> Without -> ALC887/888b -> Current
Disk -> IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector; -> Trim Enabler
Network -> Atheros
Bootloaders -> Chimera v1.11.1 r1394
Customization -> Boot Menu
SSDT Options -> i7

Restart...and the Chimera boot menu popped up so I knew at least the OS X partition had been activated as the primary partition. I select the OS X partition, everything looks great...and there's a blank screen after the apple logo and spinning wheel. Looks like the pre-desktop loading screen when you're not running Lion off of SSD, but the mouse isn't visible. I give it about a minute before I realize its definitely stuck.

This is the exact stuff I checked off on Multibeast during the first install that I'm pretty sure works, so something must not be compatible with the dual boot. Also these settings seem to boot just fine using a clone of OS X partition on the otherwise blank HDD, I'm actually typing this up from it right now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I'm pretty new to all of this and don't even know where to begin trouble shooting. Thanks!

I am getting a frustrating blank screen after the apple logo loads upon booting (it is the same color as the loading the screen with the apple logo, just without the apple). Using -v doesn't show any hangups.

Specs:

i7 3770K w/ CM 212 Hyper Cooler
GA-z77-DS3H
Samsung 840 Pro SSD 128 GB
Seagate HDD 1 TB
GTX 660 GPU

Recently purchased all of the parts and I had Lion running just fine on SSD yesterday after using MultiBeast, went out today and bought a copy of Windows to do some gaming. Started from scratch, wiped SSD, set two partitions in GUID (one Mac OS Journaled, the other MS-FAT), installed windows 8.1 without a hitch. Ran Unibeast off of my USB, installed Lion and it was booting up just fine. It was defaulting to Windows unless I hit F12 and selected the USB drive to boot from, but I hadn't run Multibeast yet. Went into Lion, ran Multibeast, and here is everything I checked:

UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Install
Audio -> Realtek ACLC8xx -> Without -> ALC887/888b -> Current
Disk -> IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector; -> Trim Enabler
Network -> Atheros
Bootloaders -> Chimera v1.11.1 r1394
Customization -> Boot Menu
SSDT Options -> i7

Restart...and the Chimera boot menu popped up so I knew at least the OS X partition had been activated as the primary partition. I select the OS X partition, everything looks great...and there's a blank screen after the apple logo and spinning wheel. Looks like the pre-desktop loading screen when you're not running Lion off of SSD, but the mouse isn't visible. I give it about a minute before I realize its definitely stuck.

This is the exact stuff I checked off on Multibeast during the first install that I'm pretty sure works, so something must not be compatible with the dual boot. Also these settings seem to boot just fine using a clone of OS X partition on the otherwise blank HDD, I'm actually typing this up from it right now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I'm pretty new to all of this and don't even know where to begin trouble shooting. Thanks!

Not a dual boot issue. I believe you forgot GraphicsEnabler=No.

Doesn't graphics enabler only affect the integrated GPU on the MB? I'm running off of my GFX 660 GPU, and I was having to "graphicsenabler=no" to boot before I installed the card and was trying to run off the integrated GPU. When that was an issue it would get stuck on the Apple loading screen, but right now it completes the load, screen goes black, looks like it's going to go the desktop and the white screen minus the logo pops up and it seemingly freezes (no mouse). This same partition functions just fine on the HDD, just not on the dual boot SSD.

Granted, I'm no expert and I greatly appreciate the advice and will try it when I get home (I'm just trying to learn everything I can). I am actually just considering getting a whole other SSD so I can have Mac and Windows separate...seems much more simple at this point. Thanks!

Doesn't graphics enabler only affect the integrated GPU on the MB? I'm running off of my GFX 660 GPU, and I was having to "graphicsenabler=no" to boot before I installed the card and was trying to run off the integrated GPU. When that was an issue it would get stuck on the Apple loading screen, but right now it completes the load, screen goes black, looks like it's going to go the desktop and the white screen minus the logo pops up and it seemingly freezes (no mouse). This same partition functions just fine on the HDD, just not on the dual boot SSD.

Granted, I'm no expert and I greatly appreciate the advice and will try it when I get home (I'm just trying to learn everything I can). I am actually just considering getting a whole other SSD so I can have Mac and Windows separate...seems much more simple at this point. Thanks!

See: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...7xx-kepler-cards-work-graphicsenabler-no.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back