Contribute
Register

Issues starting High Sierra Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just did all the disconnecting of drives; besides my single windows drive that I want to install macOS on. Here are the screens including what I boot args with, then the screen it freezes at.

Just seeing your Check "sha1" checksum - not sure how to do that; but will look it up. I downloaded High Sierra from the App Store through my account so I assume it's legit.

View attachment 353680 View attachment 353681 View attachment 353682
  • Now I see the HS USB Installer disk along with a Windows disk .
  • I now realize you want to use this same Windows disk to install macOS too.
    • This can be very tricky. But can be done if you are quite familiar with single disk dual-boot with Clover
  • I am more familiar with separate hard disk for each different Operating System, all accessible from Clover Boot Manager screen, reached through the macOS system disk, that will have Clover EFI Bootloader, and that OSX UEFI System disk being set in the BIOS as First boot Device with all others in that list DISABLED.
  • I noted in your boot options you have √ Use Nvidia Web Drivers [nvda_drv=1]
  • Since you have not installed Nvidia Webdrivers for your Nvidia GTX 1060 yet, (usually to the System disk) this can affect booting.
  • I think you may have to use Nvidia VESA (nv_disable=1) for USB Installer ( I have not installed Nvidia that require Web drivers in any of my systems since Yosemeti)
  • Since you already have the options to boot the installer disk in CBM screen , your Installer may be full and may not need the terminal cmd from the Mac or Hack whose Applications folder has 10.13.6 Installer from which you had created this USB installer.

Anyway here is the cmd:

shasum /Applications/Install*OS*.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg
that will give the alphanumeric string output that you can google check to match with the OS from Apple
Example:
10.13.6 (17G65) 69159caf25666ea1c5d466e158e075d947f6a9ee (InstallESD.dmg),

I was planning on just formatting the drive completely to use, then setting up a dual boot after - just to keep things simple.
Good idea.
Did you try booting with nv_disable=1

Attachments

• lagoo_Boot Options.png
    lagoo_Boot Options.png
    97.7 KB · Views: 73
This was actually an accident. I usually select Nvidia VESA. Apologies. Beginning to get frustrated and rushing.
No prob. Been there, done that!

shasum /Applications/Install*OS*.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg
that will give the alphanumeric string output that you can google check to match with the OS from Apple
Example:
10.13.6 (17G65) 69159caf25666ea1c5d466e158e075d947f6a9ee (InstallESD.dmg),

I believe it's legit - got :
69159caf25666ea1c5d466e158e075d947f6a9ee
Google'd it and seemed to match up with High Sierra (based on results).

..... seems like we are running out of options :S

I believe it's legit - got :
69159caf25666ea1c5d466e158e075d947f6a9ee
Google'd it and seemed to match up with High Sierra (based on results).

..... seems like we are running out of options :S
All I can suggest at this point is to create a new USB installer with that macOS High Sierra and 16GB Flash disk using Terminal cmd.

I don't use Unibeast+ Multibeast but Terminal cmds. Not because I don't trust but by habit for a long time. I have forgotten when I used Unibeast last.

If you like my suggestion for terminal cmd + CLOVER EFI :

• Erase the 16GB USB Flash disk with good LED display light in working Mac/Hack >Disk Utility >Erase as GUID+HFS+J and named Untitled (that is the default and I have used in the cmd) In my system I can even use my USB 3. port using a USB 3.0 disk for fast USB Installer creation and use to install the system on HDD
  • Use the following elevated command to install (May copy/ paste following cmd on Terminal and ENTER and type password when prompted >ENTER
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app

• When finished, install the latest CLOVER EFI on that macOS High Sierra USB installer with a downloaded Clover EFI Bootloader
    • you can use downloaded Clover Configurator's Tools bar from the launched screen's Left panel to download the latest Clover EFI to your Desktop)>Clover Configurator (Global Edition)
      • See image
    • Next edit the EFI >EFI>CLOVER (drivers64.uefI , kexts/Other and config.plist as you have been trying up to the last post. By now you know what kexts and EFI files go where and how to edit config.plist menu)

Attachments

• 1.Clover Configurator Global(CCG).png
    1.Clover Configurator Global(CCG).png
    377.8 KB · Views: 57
All I can suggest at this point is to create a new USB installer with that macOS High Sierra and 16GB Flash disk using Terminal cmd.

I don't use Unibeast+ Multibeast but Terminal cmds. Not because I don't trust but by habit for a long time. I have forgotten when I used Unibeast last.

If you like my suggestion for terminal cmd + CLOVER EFI :

• Erase the 16GB USB Flash disk with good LED display light in working Mac/Hack >Disk Utility >Erase as GUID+HFS+J and named Untitled (that is the default and I have used in the cmd) In my system I can even use my USB 3. port using a USB 3.0 disk for fast USB Installer creation and use to install the system on HDD
  • Use the following elevated command to install (May copy/ paste following cmd on Terminal and ENTER and type password when prompted >ENTER
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app

• When finished, install the latest CLOVER EFI on that macOS High Sierra USB installer with a downloaded Clover EFI Bootloader
    • you can use downloaded Clover Configurator's Tools bar from the launched screen's Left panel to download the latest Clover EFI to your Desktop)>Clover Configurator (Global Edition)
      • See image
    • Next edit the EFI >EFI>CLOVER (drivers64.uefI , kexts/Other and config.plist as you have been trying up to the last post. By now you know what kexts and EFI files go where and how to edit config.plist menu)
Thanks cmn699 - wont be able to get to this until Sunday, but will let you know how it goes; really appreciate everything you've showed/helped me with so far!

Thanks cmn699 - wont be able to get to this until Sunday, but will let you know how it goes; really appreciate everything you've showed/helped me with so far!
Good luck lagoo.
I wished you already had a running Hackintosh HS by this time.
I feel bad I could not figure out the reason for the repeated boot crashes despite our combined efforts to succeed!
I appreciate your spirit and your cooperation in this Marathon troubleshoot.
I will keep watching this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back