Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, having trouble over here...

I believe I changed BIOS settings properly. Then:

Go to boot from USB
Select Install macOS from Install macOS High Sierra
See Apple Logo
Goes into my Windows Installation

Tried 1 and 2 above again, with this time setting Verbose mode and again went into the my Windows Installation.
There are quite a few options when pressing spacebar in the BootLauncher - any help please?

EDIT: Attached Screens of verbose load (cant really see from picture, but its checked and nv_disable=1 is checked)
2018-09-20 21.54.31.jpg
2018-09-20 21.54.07.jpg

Last edited:

Go to boot from USB
See Apple Logo

Tried 1 and 2 above again, with this time setting Verbose mode and again went into the my Windows Installation.
There are quite a few options when pressing spacebar in the BootLauncher - any help please?

EDIT: Attached Screens of verbose load (cant really see from picture, but its checked and nv_disable=1 is checked)
View attachment 351912 View attachment 351913
I seriously doubt whether your AMD Radeon 7800 is compatible with MacOS High Sierra. I guess your Intel Xeon E3-1230 V3 has no Integrated Graphics either. Please verify if anyone has been able to install HS with Radeon 7800 before going for a long troubleshoot.

Go to boot from USB
See Apple Logo

View attachment 351912 View attachment 351913

Disconnect the windows drive until you finish the install.
Select verbose, single user, don’t reboot and keep symbols.

If it gets to root# type “fsck -fy” without “” marks. Then at 2nd root# “exit”

If it stops at the same place you may need a CPU ID.

Here

Hey thanks for this - the plan was to install it on the Windows drive and reformat as its my only SSD currently. I tried the selections with the drive still in and never made it to root. Still stuck at same spot. What do I do with the CPU ID? and where would I get that?

I seriously doubt whether your AMD Radeon 7800 is compatible with MacOS High Sierra. I guess your Intel Xeon E3-1230 V3 has no Integrated Graphics either. Please verify if anyone has been able to install HS with Radeon 7800 before going for a long troubleshoot.

I've not seen people post saying they can't - I would assume it works; my mid-2012 laptop is rocking High Sierra w Intel HD Graphics

I've not seen people post saying they can't - I would assume it works; my mid-2012 laptop is rocking High Sierra w Intel HD Graphics

I've not seen people post saying they can't - I would assume it works;
Good Luck. May be you can come and report your experience .That will add to the data base of working or non-working Radeon cards in macOS High Sierra.

my mid-2012 laptop is rocking High Sierra w Intel HD Graphics
I did not say Intel HD Graphics won't work in Mac. I said your chosen Intel Xeon E3 1230 V3 may not have Processor associated Graphics.. I said it from my memory about that CPU. You did not post what Intel Processor and associated Intel HD you have in your mid-2012 Laptop.
I stated
I guess your Intel Xeon E3-1230 V3 has no Integrated Graphics either
Now I say Intel Xeon E3 1230 v3 Haswell, has no onboard graphics which means you have to have a PCIE graphics card that is known to work in macOS High Sierra for a successful installation.

7xxx series cards work or most of them unless it’s an XFX brand (bios)?

You should try a separate SSD or HDD for the install and disconnect the windows drive, it will be much easier.

Try fake CPU ID 0x0106E0, or 0x0306A0.
Use cursor arrows at boot menu and go to Options tab, then Binaries.

Good Luck. May be you can come and report your experience .That will add to the data base of working or non-working Radeon cards in macOS High Sierra.

I did not say Intel HD Graphics won't work in Mac. I said your chosen Intel Xeon E3 1230 V3 may not have Processor associated Graphics.. I said it from my memory about that CPU. You did not post what Intel Processor and associated Intel HD you have in your mid-2012 Laptop.
I stated
Now I say Intel Xeon E3 1230 v3 Haswell, has no onboard graphics which means you have to have a PCIE graphics card that is known to work in macOS High Sierra for a successful installation.

Sorry -mid-2012 Laptop is a Macbook Pro w Retina display.
My Radeon 7870 HD is PCIe

Does updating the BIOS matter? That's something I've yet to try.
I seem to always get stuck on the same screen above

Tried Disabling the Windows drive and ended up on the same screen.

Thanks so far for the help - really appreciate it.

7xxx series cards work or most of them unless it’s an XFX brand (bios)?

You should try a separate SSD or HDD for the install and disconnect the windows drive, it will be much easier.

Try fake CPU ID 0x0106E0, or 0x0306A0.
Use cursor arrows at boot menu and go to Options tab, then Binaries.

Tried both CPU IDs and still stuck at the same screen.

Full Graphics Card desc:
Powercolor Radeon HD 7870 PCS+ MYST.(TAHITI LE) 2GB 6Gbps GDDR5 DVI HDMI 2XMINIDP PCI-E Video Card [AX7870 2GBD5-2DHPPV3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back