Contribute
Register

issues replacing voodooHDA with appleALC

Status
Not open for further replies.
i already got a kext fixing battery precentage
in terms of graphics i've had issues before where mojave wouldnt use the intel hd 4600

update. i removed all 3rd party kexts and redownloaded all 3rd party kexts and it started working perfectly (also noted i added codecommander too)
now imma start deciding if i should try to convert my other hackintosh rig (with ALC262) too because it seems like audio sounds better using appleALC than voodooHDA

now imma start deciding if i should try to convert my other hackintosh rig (with ALC262) too because it seems like audio sounds better using appleALC than voodooHDA

@appletechgeek,

AppleALC is a far superior Audio solution than VoodooHDA, Apple ALC is in constant active development and since its a Lilu Plugin works well alongside WhatEverGreen and the other Lilu Plugins.

Migrating an old Hackintosh to use Lilu and plugins makes for a much simpler and more native install requiring less work (if any) when performing updates. For more info on Lilu and its plugins see this guide :-

Cheers
Jay

@appletechgeek what are you using to fix battery percentage, i have the same issue, could not find a solution so far, please let me know.

Also if you can list all of the kexts you are currently using in clover/SLE on the working machine ... would be great. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back