CPU
I7 7700HQ
Graphics
intel hd 630 128mb dedicated vram
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
so for the past week i've been trying to get apple alc to work but i cant get it to work at all
first main issue is when i update and lilu and whatever green (and removing kexts replaced by WEG) i get a kernel panic
2nd is when i disable all appleHDA patches in clover and install appleALC it doesnt seem to get loaded at all (installed in clover)
i got a dell e6540 laptop with ALC 292 audio
main reason from move from voodoo to appleALC is headphone jack outputs alot of static or popping along side audio (and internal speakers dont seem all too loud after the fixhalfvolume=true change inside voodoo)
i've attached a debug file wich should include all logs and stuff like that (this is from before i started messing with it

Attachments

• untitled folder 2.zip
    1,023.6 KB · Views: 90
so for the past week i've been trying to get apple alc to work but i cant get it to work at all
first main issue is when i update and lilu and whatever green (and removing kexts replaced by WEG) i get a kernel panic
2nd is when i disable all appleHDA patches in clover and install appleALC it doesnt seem to get loaded at all (installed in clover)
i got a dell e6540 laptop with ALC 292 audio
main reason from move from voodoo to appleALC is headphone jack outputs alot of static or popping along side audio (and internal speakers dont seem all too loud after the fixhalfvolume=true change inside voodoo)
i've attached a debug file wich should include all logs and stuff like that (this is from before i started messing with it
you have some kext issues:
Code:
/Library/Extensions/AppleBacklightFixup.kext - dependency 'as.vit9696.Lilu' not found.
/Library/Extensions/AppleBacklightFixup.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
Invalid signature -67050 for kext <OSKext 0x7fa420870000 [0x7fff9ad948e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/SIPManager.kext/", ID = "com.parrotgeek.SIPManager" }
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleUSBVHCI]: The vtable for AppleUSBVHCIHostCxQueue was not patched because its parent, the vtable for AppleUSBVHCIHostTransferQueue, was not patchable.
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleUSBVHCI]: The vtable for AppleUSBVHCIHostTxRxQueue was not patched because its parent, the vtable for AppleUSBVHCIHostTransferQueue, was not patchable.
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleUSBVHCI]: The vtable for AppleUSBVHCIHostTransferQueue was not patched because its parent, the vtable for AppleUSBVHCIBCETransferQueue, was not found.
Link failed (error code 5).

How and where to install kexts:

also missing clover folder from your problem reporting files

oh yes sorry i wil attach clover folder
i wil now proceed to make a usb drive for testing and remove old kexts (iirc applebacklightfixup isnt needed)

Attachments

• pre change.zip
    18 MB · Views: 55
oh yes sorry i wil attach clover folder
i wil now proceed to make a usb drive for testing and remove old kexts (iirc applebacklightfixup isnt needed)
best to make the changes and then upload new files...

yeah wil do. atm reading trough the guide you sent..
one thing i dont like about installing in /L/E is if a kext starts conflicting or breaks something i simply cant remove the kext in a easy manner (os is on a raid so i cant simply pop it into my rig too) but i wil see what i can do (acording to guide ALC WEG and lilu should be in /L/E instead)

so update. i followed the guide. removed appleALC lilu and WEG and redownloaded latest version of all 3 kexts and installed using hackintool. i removed applebacklightfixup and shiki.kext
and moved the remainder of the kexts into /L/E using hackintool. the system refused to boot (this time cpu 0 caller) and the system booted fine with the tag -liluoff see attached files of debug after the kernel panics (efi folder included old kexts are zipped so i dont lose track)

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    414.6 KB · Views: 83
correction. i attached wrong efi file in archive (raid 0 setup sometimes changes drive id's)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.1 MB · Views: 65
correction. i attached wrong efi file in archive (raid 0 setup sometimes changes drive id's)
remove:
VoodooHDA.kext
in terminal:
open /System/Library/Extensions

and then delete that one

what is this for: SIPManager.kext ?

you still have issues with:
Code:
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleUSBVHCI]: The vtable for AppleUSBVHCIHostCxQueue was not patched because its parent, the vtable for AppleUSBVHCIHostTransferQueue, was not patchable.
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleUSBVHCI]: The vtable for AppleUSBVHCIHostTxRxQueue was not patched because its parent, the vtable for AppleUSBVHCIHostTransferQueue, was not patchable.
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleUSBVHCI]: The vtable for AppleUSBVHCIHostTransferQueue was not patched because its parent, the vtable for AppleUSBVHCIBCETransferQueue, was not found.
Link failed (error code 5).
maybe re-run the macOS installer to sort that out

remove FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext and FakePCIID.kext and AppleBacklightFixup.kext as that is no longer needed with new whatevergreen

you have:
AptioMemoryFix-64
OsxAptioFix2Drv-64
OsxAptioFixDrv-64
OsxLowMemFixDrv-64
only 1 should be used

having 2 DSDT is very wrong, only 1 is required

also you probably don't need all those SSDT's
config.plist:
KextsToPatch section, remove all those AppleHDA patches

in fact, check over the laptop guide for new proper config.plist:

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

so another update. i digged trough /L/E And S/L/E And found applebacklightfixup there aswel so i deleted it and the system boots fine with lilu and audio from appleALC. with device id inject 12, only the issue is the audio output is the same level and output audio gets distorted over a short period of time (when audio is muted you continue hearing the his) not sure what i need to do now

edit your post didnt show up until i posted this. wil look trough it

so another update. i digged trough /L/E And S/L/E And found applebacklightfixup there aswel so i deleted it and the system boots fine with lilu and audio from appleALC. with device id inject 12, only the issue is the audio output is the same level and output audio gets distorted over a short period of time (when audio is muted you continue hearing the his) not sure what i need to do now
read my comment above

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back