the RULES
Graphics
so ignore me
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey wise gurus, so I finally upgraded to yosemite, from mavericks, which was working perfectly apart from iMessage. went through installation fine and as had no audio went and ran multibeast. not sure exactly what i did wrong, but have only the second of the two 770 4gb showing. when i boot if I have a monitor plugged in to the top (i.e. 1st card) it all looks fine, but then halfway through the apple boot page the progress bar stops and a second one starts in the bottom left. When booted the screen is super low res, completely laggy, and as said it is not even recognised. I desperately need both cards working for my work. any help/ settings will be super appreciated.

system is 3770k, 32gb ram, asus p8z77-premium, 2 x gtx770 4gb, yosemite 10.10.3

Hey wise gurus, so I finally upgraded to yosemite, from mavericks, which was working perfectly apart from iMessage. went through installation fine and as had no audio went and ran multibeast. not sure exactly what i did wrong, but have only the second of the two 770 4gb showing. when i boot if I have a monitor plugged in to the top (i.e. 1st card) it all looks fine, but then halfway through the apple boot page the progress bar stops and a second one starts in the bottom left.

That is normal for Chimera users.

When booted the screen is super low res, completely laggy, and as said it is not even recognised.

Have you ran multibeast after the update??

What is the state of GE/IG/PCIRootUID on your org.chameleon.boot.plist??

Which is the primary video adapter on BIOS??

What are the flags using for booting??

Hey Jithin, thanks for getting back, good to know the boot is normal, yes ran multibeast, think this was where the problem cam in possibly as prior to running it the card was recognised when booting from USB. Will have a look into the other things you mentioned when get back from work, but am not sure what you men by flags? Where do I find primary video adaptor? Thanks so much for your help

Hey Jithin, thanks for getting back, good to know the boot is normal, yes ran multibeast, think this was where the problem cam in possibly as prior to running it the card was recognised when booting from USB. Will have a look into the other things you mentioned when get back from work, but am not sure what you men by flags?

Flags means boot flags (Eg: -v, -f, -v, GraphicsEnabler=No/Yes, etc)

What are the options you had selected on the MultiBeast?? Better post the org.chameleon.boot.plist file here.

Where do I find primary video adaptor?

This option will be on BIOS. Check for the option Primary Video Adapter or Initial Display Port

Hey Jithin, thanks again, sorry taken a while to get back to you, but have been away.

Here is the chameleon playlist.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>01000000</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

understood about flags, not using any currently, as far as i can remember.

by bios do you mean going into the asus menu that i go to before booting into osx?

thanks so much for all the help, if i can get this card going my life will be way more than 2x better!

Hey Jithin, thanks again, sorry taken a while to get back to you, but have been away.

Here is the chameleon playlist.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>01000000</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<string>Yes</string>

<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Make the changes as shown below,

<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 PCIRootUID=1</string>

<string>No</string>

understood about flags, not using any currently, as far as i can remember.

Before making changes on the file, you can check booting with flags "PCIRootUID=1 IGPEnabler=No -f"

by bios do you mean going into the asus menu that i go to before booting into osx?

Yes.

thanks again, but didn't make any difference.

i haven't found any options in the bios menu for selecting cards unfortunately.

thanks again, but didn't make any difference.

i haven't found any options in the bios menu for selecting cards unfortunately.

Check booting with "dart=0 PCIRootUID=1 nv_disable=1 -f -v"

Hi, managed to find gpu selection in bios selected pci. made no difference. tried that combination of boot, and it sent text cascading across the screen then eventually booted, with same problem.

Hi, managed to find gpu selection in bios selected pci. made no difference. tried that combination of boot, and it sent text cascading across the screen then eventually booted, with same problem.

Install NVIDIA Web Driver and check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back