Contribute
Register

Issue w/Apple Wireless Keyboard + Trackpad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H Socket 1155 (rev. 1.1)
CPU
Intel Core i7 3770
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 660Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all! I'm hoping someone can help me out. Everything was working just fine until this morning. I shut down my computer (I tend to only shut down maybe once every two weeks or so... I know... not good), and it was when restarted my that I noticed that my Apple wireless keyboard and trackpad have gone crazy!! They seem to connect and disconnect randomly (although I don't get a message saying they've been connected/disconnected), the keyboard randomly inserts strange characters when I type, and none of the gestures on the trackpad work (not even right clicking or one touch clicking)... I'm going crazy!! Please help!!!

(I'm running 10.8.3. I updated some small things like a driver for my printer, but I haven't updated to 10.8.4, I'm too afraid to)

Never mind... I'm happy to report that I fixed my own problem. A thought had occurred to me, I hadn't changed the USB port that the IOGear bluetooth dongle was plugged into, so I switched it from a USB 2.0 to a USB 3.0 socket and that seems to have made all the difference in the world. I'm happy I fixed it, but I wish I would have thought of that simple solution sooner! I did try to delete this post, but I don't see any way to, so perhaps it will help someone else with the same issue out there.

Bro. This really helped it out. I'm glad this was kept up 'ere!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back