Contribute
Register

Is your processor chirping? i7 6700K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Some P, C States are missing. Remember that they are limited to per BIOS Setting.

You probably don't want to drop all OEM. Sounds to me like this can be patched to initialise your hardware properly, but we need all the files. See this thread for extracting the ACPI tables.

Dropping ACPI Tables is nonsense.

Attached ACPI dump

Attachments

• origin.zip
    57.1 KB · Views: 58
Some P, C States are missing. Remember that they are limited to per BIOS Setting.

Dropping ACPI Tables is nonsense.

The ACPI dump will help with this? Where do I look to see where they are missing? In the config.plist or? I'd like to learn so I know more about this stuff.

This would definitely cause the chirping then having missing C and P states, makes sense to me.

How then now with the ACPI dump does one determine, aha! This is what's missing and this is what needs to be modified/added for it to work? How does one determine what is the correct parameters based on what we know is missing?

Thanks!

The ACPI dump will help with this? Where do I look to see where they are missing? In the config.plist or? I'd like to learn so I know more about this stuff.

This would definitely cause the chirping then having missing C and P states, makes sense to me.

How then now with the ACPI dump does one determine, aha! This is what's missing and this is what needs to be modified/added for it to work? How does one determine what is the correct parameters based on what we know is missing?

Thanks!

I don't think its related to the ACPI. Personally i think it could be the motherboard thats defective.

I don't think its related to the ACPI. Personally i think it could be the motherboard thats defective.

So there's nothing I can do then to resolve the missing P and C states? That's frustrating.
Windows and Linux don't have this problem only OS X either from Unibeast boot or installed to HD.

Something in the board just doesn't like OSX, or whatever's faulty is simply showing up because of OSX?

Ok, well that's unfortunate news for me. I played some Heroes of the Storm in Windows, no sound just to make sure and for a couple of hours in Windows 10, silence, no chirping. Also played about an hour of Youtube, no issues.

One last ditch effort, I downgraded BIOS to earliest they offer on Dell support page, no change in OSX.

Thanks for all of your help!

So there's nothing I can do then to resolve the missing P and C states? That's frustrating.
I thought intel info only shows the power states that have actually been used. It takes a while for them all to show up.

Attachments

• patched.zip
    148.6 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Windows and Linux don't have this problem only OS X either from Unibeast boot or installed to HD.

Something in the board just doesn't like OSX, or whatever's faulty is simply showing up because of OSX?

Ok, well that's unfortunate news for me. I played some Heroes of the Storm in Windows, no sound just to make sure and for a couple of hours in Windows 10, silence, no chirping. Also played about an hour of Youtube, no issues.

One last ditch effort, I downgraded BIOS to earliest they offer on Dell support page, no change in OSX.

Thanks for all of your help!

One thing to check. What happens when you run a CPU Benchmarking App in Mac? Does the whining stop? i.e Prime95 is a good tool for testing.

One thing to check. What happens when you run a CPU Benchmarking App in Mac? Does the whining stop? i.e Prime95 is a good tool for testing.

I'll do that later tonight when I'm free and will report back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back