Contribute
Register

Is this a good CPU cooler for my build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
48 :)

I'm attaching of a pic with the cpu cooler, pasteboard (!) and firewire card. Thanks again for the help.

photo.JPG

That's not going to work unless you use the Official Tonymacx86 Duct Tape!

LOL

OK so I've assembled the computer (more tweaking, cable management, etc. later) and installed OS X Mountain Lion. The build makes a fair bit more noise than I expected but there's probably not much I can do about that.

TEMPS: When people talk about CPU temps on here, are they giving the CPU Heatsink temp from HW Monitor or what? That reading is 38C for me at idle. BUT the ambient temperature says something really high, like 127C!! What's up with that?

In BIOS the temp shows as 45 - 48 C.

Any help appreciated.

Am having an issue with my ambient temps in H/M and iStat. Both programs indicates that my ambient temp is 127c. Everything else seems normal ill attach a pic. my case is wide open. here is my system specs.
Z77N 16 GB RAM F2 Bios ML as OS 128 GB SSD. Bitfenix Prodigy case with a 230mm Fan in front.

Attachments

• Ambient temp.jpg
    Ambient temp.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 278
Am having an issue with my ambient temps in H/M and iStat. Both programs indicates that my ambient temp is 127c. Everything else seems normal ill attach a pic. my case is wide open. here is my system specs.
Z77N 16 GB RAM F2 Bios ML as OS 128 GB SSD. Bitfenix Prodigy case with a 230mm Fan in front.
Exactly the same problem here. I guess it interprets the sensor wrong (it jumps to 201°C sometimes). Same board, case and fan (!!). ;)

Weird that it shows 127C for everyone.

I downloaded and installed iStat Menus and the only temp it shows is "Exit Fan" at 230C! How do I get it to show other temps? When I ran it the first time it wanted to install some software. I was afraid this might be some kind of kext that would mess up my system so I said no. Should I allow it to install whatever it wants? I already have FakeSMC and its plugins.

Turns out that the Startech firewire PCI card causes some systems to not be able to shut down. You choose shut down from the Apple menu, the computer shuts completely down, then after 4 seconds starts up again. I had to remove that card and put in a Syba PCI card and it now shuts down properly. The Syba card is also slightly thinner and has no stuff protruding out the back so I didn't need the duct tape! :thumbup:

Weird that it shows 127C for everyone.

I downloaded and installed iStat Menus and the only temp it shows is "Exit Fan" at 230C! How do I get it to show other temps? When I ran it the first time it wanted to install some software. I was afraid this might be some kind of kext that would mess up my system so I said no. Should I allow it to install whatever it wants? I already have FakeSMC and its plugins.

EddyMac,

Also on my real MacBook Pro it shows in iStat 126 C for the GPU Die?!

Mine also says 127 degrees for ambient temperature. Does anyone know what might be happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back