Contribute
Register

Is there anyway to get an internal sound card to work on a hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Mountain Lion
CPU
3.0GHZ i7 930
Graphics
Nividia 470 GTX
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey all,

After being fed up with Windows for way to long, I've just sucessfully converted my rig to OS X Mountain Lion using the unibeast/multibeast method. I absolutely adore Mountain Lion over Windows 7, however there is one thing that breaks my heart- my beloved Asus Xonar Essense STX audio card does not work.

I do understand that USB audio cards are often the only way to go with macs, however is there ANY possible way that I can get my internal sound card to work? The Xonar Essense STX is the single most greatest piece of hardware that I've ever owned and my audio just does not sound the same without it. I miss it. I would really, really hate to part with it, so I'm ready to put in a lot of work to get it to work if you catch my drift.

Any ideas are welcome.

I am also VERY interested to find a solution for this! I have setup a dual boot system running Mountain Lion and Win7 but have neglected to use OSX as going back to onboard sound after the STX is torture:thumbdown:

I am also VERY interested to find a solution for this! I have setup a dual boot system running Mountain Lion and Win7 but have neglected to use OSX as going back to onboard sound after the STX is torture:thumbdown:

I actually just took my card out today. I think I might sell it :( Anyone from Australia interested?

Reply from ASUS Technical Service...

"It just can support windows operating system. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you for understanding!"

Sad face:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back