Contribute
Register

Is my hardware config compatible with iBoot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sleep is broken.

the computer entered bios auto recovery, reverting back to f3, after i had been messing around with the front i/o cable. i quickly installed f9 again, loaded optimized bios settings, put it on ahci and 64 bit mode, and as far as i could tell the bios update went well . audio out works but sleep doesn't.

Are you using the latest DSDT from the database ?

In System Preferences | Energy Saver, did you check all 3 ticks ?

Which kexts did you install ?

Lnx2Mac said:
Are you using the latest DSDT from the database ?

In System Preferences | Energy Saver, did you check all 3 ticks ?

Which kexts did you install ?

Downloaded the latest F9.aml. Renamed it to DSDT.aml in my Extra

Removed NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector from /Extra/Extensions

BUT I FORGOT TO rebuild Extensions.mkext because I didn't know how to drag it to the kext utility

Rebuild caches using Multibeast

Made sure all 3 checkboxes are checked

Rebooted

Now I can't get pass the Apple Logo. Am I royally screwed?

boot up off an iboot CD when you hit the chameleon menu choose your snow leopard partition, that should let you back in if all you've been altering is the Extra folder on the HDD?

snorkelman said:
boot up off an iboot CD when you hit the chameleon menu choose your snow leopard partition, that should let you back in if all you've been altering is the Extra folder on the HDD?

Ah ok so reaching the Apple logo doesn't mean I've passed the boot phase yet. I thought once I hit the Apple logo, chameleon and iboot and all those loaders did their job and it's all Snow Leopard from there. I thought I was going to have to reinstall Snow Leopard again yikes! I'll try this.

Try pressing the "Down arrow" key in the chameleon screen, and from there select the option to boot without the cache.
Or try booting in Verbose mode to see where it hangs...

Lnx2Mac said:
Try pressing the "Down arrow" key in the chameleon screen, and from there select the option to boot without the cache.
Or try booting in Verbose mode to see where it hangs...

Booting without cache still gives me a fail at the Apple logo.

Then I ran Verbose... I guess it fails after systemShutdown false. And it says Fake SMC: key not found... and a bunch of other things. Here's pics to make it easier.

Attachments

• verbose1.jpg
    verbose1.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 131
  • verbose2.jpg
    verbose2.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 120
Ok so I booted up using my iboot cd, and restored the 3 files I deleted: NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector and DSDT.aml.

Then I dragged Extensions.mkext to Kext utility, and rebuild caches with Multibeast and rebooted. Voila everything back to normal. Sleep still doesn't work though... but at least I'm booting.

I found another problem: iPhone doesn't connect or charge. The only time the computer charges it is during bootup. But when Snow Leopard starts, the iPhone stops being recognized. I've tried using powered usb hubs too and an Apple keyboard with no luck.

I've searched about this problem but the only solution is to update to the latest BIOS. I already have F9 so... any other ideas?

UPDATE: Solved! I downloaded and installed the IOUSBFamily.kext attachment from this thread and iPhone works perfectly. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2714&start=0

supaspiffy said:
Ok so I booted up using my iboot cd, and restored the 3 files I deleted: NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector and DSDT.aml.

If you are using a DSDT, you don't need NullCPUPowerManagement...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back