Contribute
Register

Is my hardware config compatible with iBoot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MacMan said:
- Which audio port? Do you have Legacy889aHDA.kext in /Extra/Extensions?
- To cure the orange icons, install IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector or replace JMicron36xeSATA with JMicron36xSATA

I have two green audio ports in my motherboard and I tried using them both. Sound doesn't work on either one. I can't even adjust my volume. Yes I have Legacy889aHDA.kext in my /Extra/Extensions along with Legacy889HDA.kext, Legacy888HDA.kext, and Legacy888bHDA.kext.

Also I have the IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext file in my /Extra and both JMicron36xeSATA.kext and JMicron36xSATA.kext in /Extra/Extensions. Problem is still there.

supaspiffy said:
I have two green audio ports in my motherboard and I tried using them both. Sound doesn't work on either one. I can't even adjust my volume. Yes I have Legacy889aHDA.kext in my /Extra/Extensions along with Legacy889HDA.kext, Legacy888HDA.kext, and Legacy888bHDA.kext.
You only need Legacy889aHDA.kext in /Extra/Extensions.

Delete Legacy889HDA.kext, Legacy888HDA.kext, Legacy888bHDA.kext from /Extra/Extensions and rebuild caches.

supaspiffy said:
Also I have the IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext file in my /Extra and both JMicron36xeSATA.kext and JMicron36xSATA.kext in /Extra/Extensions. Problem is still there.
You can delete JMicron36xeSATA.kext or JMicron36xSATA.kext. You only need one of them. The only difference is the first marks all drives connected to the GSATA ports as external (orange) the other will mark them as internal and also eliminates the need for IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext.

Don't forget to rebuild cache on /Extra/Extensions.

MacMan said:
You can delete JMicron36xeSATA.kext or JMicron36xSATA.kext. You only need one of them. The only difference is the first marks all drives connected to the GSATA ports as external (orange) the other will mark them as internal and also eliminates the need for IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext.

Don't forget to rebuild cache on /Extra/Extensions.

Thanks MacMan, did everything you said and installed Multibeast 2.0 and everything's perfect. HDD icons back to normal and built in audio ports work.

But something weird has been happening after upgrading my motherboard to F9. A small 2 gb drive pops up every time at bootup called "SDDRIVE" and I don't know where it's coming from. It only contains one file "motherboard_bios_ga-p55m-ud4_f9.exe" I can eject it with no problem but it appears again at next reboot.

Obviously, the "motherboard_bios_ga-p55m-ud4_f9.exe" file is what I used to flash my motherboard by using Gigabyte's qflash usb stick method but I don't know what is it about the flash method that's causing this drive + the bios file to appear at startup, if it's even related at all.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-06-06 at 2.50.44 AM.png
    Screen shot 2010-06-06 at 2.50.44 AM.png
    590.1 KB · Views: 164
It's your USB stick...

OK. Sorry.
Now that we have discarded the trivial... :oops:

Would you mind opening 'Disk Utility' ?...
From there we'll be able to see where this is coming from.

Lnx2Mac said:
OK. Sorry.
Now that we have discarded the trivial... :oops:

Would you mind opening 'Disk Utility' ?...
From there we'll be able to see where this is coming from.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-06-06 at 12.02.38 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-06-06 at 12.02.38 PM.png
    684.8 KB · Views: 178
  • Screen shot 2010-06-06 at 12.02.53 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-06-06 at 12.02.53 PM.png
    571.3 KB · Views: 183
It's definitely showing up as being a USB device...
Are you sure you have none connected ??? :think: :crazy: o_O

Lnx2Mac said:
It's definitely showing up as being a USB device...
Are you sure you have none connected ??? :think: :crazy: o_O

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

YOU. ARE. AWESOME. MY. FRIEND. :headbang:

yea there was a usb device stuck in the back but it wasn't the usb dongle that i had in mind. it's a little card reader with a sd card that i connected but forgot about. it wasn't being recognize till i upgraded to F9 so i never noticed it.

CASE. CLOSED. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back