Contribute
Register

Is my dell inspiron 15 3537 hackintosh able ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might look at this guide for clues: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112383-guide-install-mavericks-clover-bootloader.html

Roughly, here's what I did:
- created a partition for OS X in Windows diskmgmt.msc
- created a USB installer in OS X using createinstallmedia (see link above)
- installed OS X to the new partition using the USB
- installed the Clover UEFI bootloader manually (by copying the CLOVER directory manually) to the EFI partition (on my computer it was called SYSTEM_DRV
- enabled booting Windows from Clover by renaming the bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi (see link above)

The guide above automatically install OSX on install media and then on target partition , will it be the same in my case ?
and i have an EFI partition in disk management , but how do u manually copy bootloader to it? , it is not shown under windows .

and the last step , how did u do it ?

I am little confused.

The guide above automatically install OSX on install media and then on target partition , will it be the same in my case ?

I'm not sure what you mean. That is the general procedure for installing OS X: Create install media on USB, use USB to install to HDD.

and i have an EFI partition in disk management , but how do u manually copy bootloader to it? , it is not shown under windows .

I did the setup of the bootloader in OS X after I installed... You can access the EFI partition in Windows too, but it involves using 'diskpart' at the command line (cmd.exe).

and the last step , how did u do it ?

It is covered in the guide I linked.

I am little confused.

If you've never done an OS X install before, I can imagine you would be confused. My recommendation would be that you become familiar with the process by doing an install to an HDD where you don't have to worry about the existing contents. That is, remove the existing HDD with Windows on it, move it to a safe place, and replace the HDD with a spare you have that has no important data on it. Then install to that HDD. The chances of making a mistake trying to install to an existing Windows setup that you don't want to damage, especially if you don't know what you're doing, is huge.

I'm not sure what you mean. That is the general procedure for installing OS X: Create install media on USB, use USB to install to HDD.

I did the setup of the bootloader in OS X after I installed... You can access the EFI partition in Windows too, but it involves using 'diskpart' at the command line (cmd.exe).

It is covered in the guide I linked.

If you've never done an OS X install before, I can imagine you would be confused. My recommendation would be that you become familiar with the process by doing an install to an HDD where you don't have to worry about the existing contents. That is, remove the existing HDD with Windows on it, move it to a safe place, and replace the HDD with a spare you have that has no important data on it. Then install to that HDD. The chances of making a mistake trying to install to an existing Windows setup that you don't want to damage, especially if you don't know what you're doing, is huge.

Thanks for your help till now .

Could you write a step by step guide for this kind of situation ? , It would be appreciated .

Thanks for your help till now .

Could you write a step by step guide for this kind of situation ? , It would be appreciated .

Installing the Clover bootloader to an existing Windows install is something for people that know what they are doing already. If you don't understand how UEFI boot works, then you should follow the guide and install everything from scratch.

Okay thanks . Let me try , I would post my results soon .

Okay thanks . Let me try , I would post my results soon .

Good morning and I've bought the same laptop, you have installed the osx. if you have nothing new to tell you how to do it too. Thank you

Sorry couldn't find time. and i am little afraid messing with my laptop with Win 8.1 , cdavid can you help ? Provide kexts and dsdt edits? , and the WLAN card you used ?

Hi, I have the same laptop. I started also with the restart loop. I patched the mach_kernel like Rehabman stated. That solved it (Thanks!) Now i'm stuck with " Still waiting for root device"
I've tried some stuff already:
-All kinds of AHCI kexts from other posts with this problem.
-Tried other USB ports, 3.0 and 2.0

CDavid, did you also had this problem?

Hi, I have the same laptop. I started also with the restart loop. I patched the mach_kernel like Rehabman stated. That solved it (Thanks!) Now i'm stuck with " Still waiting for root device"
I've tried some stuff already:
-All kinds of AHCI kexts from other posts with this problem.
-Tried other USB ports, 3.0 and 2.0

CDavid, did you also had this problem?

How did you create your USB installer?

I used Unibeast 3.0.1 with Mavericks 10.9.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back