Graphics
GTX 1050Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I know my build is fully capable of running Lion and Mountain Lion, since I've already used both of them on my build in the past with no issues, and had everything working.
However, all my attempts at running Mavericks on this build thus far have been failures, and I always keep getting the Bluetooth message[**** [IOBluetoothHCIController][SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!] whenever I do a verbose boot, no matter what flags I use.
There is a Sandy/Ivy mismatch in my build, since I have a Sandy CPU with an Ivy motherboard, but that is the only problem I can think of, and I know people have been able to get that to work.

These are my specs :

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB rev 1.0
Intel Core i5-2500K
Corsair XMS3 1600 MHz 2x4GB
1 x Seagate Barracude 7200 RPM 1 TB HDD
1 x Seagate Momentus 5400 RPM 500 GB HDD
Corsair CX600 PSU

So, is my build compatible?

Sorry for the bump, but has anyone been able to run Mavericks on a similar build? Searching around didn't help much.

Sorry for the bump, but has anyone been able to run Mavericks on a similar build? Searching around didn't help much.

In theory yes. As you pointed out though, you have a mixed build (CPU/Platform) which is probably the culprit for causing your graphics issues.

The bluetooth warning message people often see is not what causes loading to fail, because that in itself wont stop things progressing. Its normally after the bluetooth message where graphics are meant to be loading and that is your sticking point.

You should post the boot flags you have tried so far. Be specific, not general. Dont assume anyone else knows what is on your screen because we dont ;)

Start with a basic boot, using just the -v bootflag and post a clear legible pic of the result.

I would advise to moving to a new thread in the support section of the forums too, assuming you are wanting help to get it going.

In theory yes. As you pointed out though, you have a mixed build (CPU/Platform) which is probably the culprit for causing your graphics issues.

The bluetooth warning message people often see is not what causes loading to fail, because that in itself wont stop things progressing. Its normally after the bluetooth message where graphics are meant to be loading and that is your sticking point.

You should post the boot flags you have tried so far. Be specific, not general. Dont assume anyone else knows what is on your screen because we dont ;)

Start with a basic boot, using just the -v bootflag and post a clear legible pic of the result.

I would advise to moving to a new thread in the support section of the forums too, assuming you are wanting help to get it going.

Thanks for your answer. I started a thread in the support section before this, which is located here : http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-desktop-support/137086-ga-z77x-ud5h-unable-get-installer.html

Here are the flags I've tried.

-v -x GraphicsEnabler=Yes npci=0x3000 -->

Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB (error 0xdc008017).
Previous Shutdown Cause: 5
SMC::smcInitHelper ERROR: MMIO regMap == NULL - fall back to old SMC mode
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resouceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerM anagement ) timed out
DSMOS has arrived
[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed
**** [IOBluetoothHCIController][SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!

-v GraphicsEnabler=No -->

Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB (error 0xdc008017).
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resouceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerM anagement ) timed out
init
probe
start
DSMOS has arrived
**** [IOBluetoothHCIController][SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!

Please let me know if that is not enough information, I'd be happy to post pictures. If there are any other flags you'd suggest, that'd be great too.

Thanks for your answer. I started a thread in the support section before this, which is located here : http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-desktop-support/137086-ga-z77x-ud5h-unable-get-installer.html

Here are the flags I've tried.

-v -x GraphicsEnabler=Yes npci=0x3000 -->

DSMOS has arrived

-v GraphicsEnabler=No -->

init
probe
start
DSMOS has arrived

Please let me know if that is not enough information, I'd be happy to post pictures. If there are any other flags you'd suggest, that'd be great too.

Have a look at this thread. The correct IGPlatformID may help...

Have a look at this thread. The correct IGPlatformID may help...

I tried using the flags -v IGPlatformID=00301000 on both Lion and Mavericks, and while it works fine on Lion, it doesn't seem to be working on Mavericks. I've attached the picture of the output below.

Attachments

• output -v IGPlatformID.png
    output -v IGPlatformID.png
    845.3 KB · Views: 126
I tried using the flags -v IGPlatformID=00301000 on both Lion and Mavericks, and while it works fine on Lion, it doesn't seem to be working on Mavericks. I've attached the picture of the output below.

Your setup is a mixed bag to be honest. Is there a way you could borrow a discrete graphics card from someone, or do the install on a different machine then transfer the disk over ?

Your setup is a mixed bag to be honest. Is there a way you could borrow a discrete graphics card from someone, or do the install on a different machine then transfer the disk over ?

I might be able to do the install on a different machine or borrow a graphics card. I also have a MacBook Air. Should I try attaching my HDD via USB to my Mac and then installing using UniBeast?

Are you referring to the Sandy/Ivy mismatch? If yes, then do you suggest I buy an Ivy CPU instead of using the Sandy CPU?

I might be able to do the install on a different machine or borrow a graphics card. I also have a MacBook Air. Should I try attaching my HDD via USB to my Mac and then installing using UniBeast?

Are you referring to the Sandy/Ivy mismatch? If yes, then do you suggest I buy an Ivy CPU instead of using the Sandy CPU?

Ive heard of people successfully doing an install to an external usb drive then swapping it to a hack yep. Different setups will vary though, so its a try-and-see approach.

I dont think you need to buy a new CPU. The guide here should suffice once you are booted into the new system.

Ive heard of people successfully doing an install to an external usb drive then swapping it to a hack yep. Different setups will vary though, so its a try-and-see approach.

I dont think you need to buy a new CPU. The guide here should suffice once you are booted into the new system.

I'll try that, hopefully that works out for me. Thanks for that link. I'll update here once I give it a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back