Graphics
NVidia GeForce GTX 980
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, I will be able to purchase this computer in about 2-3 weeks and the specs on the site are a bit spotty, just wondering if anyone could shed some light as to if this would be Hackintosh compatible and on what boot loaders and EFI managers to use/resources required.

http://www.novatech.co.uk/pc/range/novatechblacknti136.html

I have been using Novatech for a long time for my computers and they very rarely give the actual motherboard make or serial on their desktops which is a bit annoying.

That's an X99 system. Those are not in the Buyer's Guide yet but will be after we get
a new Mac Pro refresh. It is important what brand of Motherboard you get so call
up the company selling it and ask them what mobo it has in it. The 5930K cpu should
work with no problem.

It looks like they sell mostly Asus and Gigabyte X99 boards so if it doesn't have one
that is compatible have them custom build one for you.
http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/components/motherboards/intelsocket2011-3/

Either of the Asus X99's they sell would be a good choice.
The X99-Deluxe or X99-A. As far as what bootloader to use most that have an
X99 system are using Clover. Check out some of the X99 installation threads to
see what is working for the early adopters.

Great, thanks for the quick reply.

Ill hopefully contact them tomorrow and see what it is, most of their computers are Gigabyte (all the other computers I have got from them have been) but they do have others which is why I wasn't sure.

I haven't seen much in the way of a GTX 980 with OSX, not sure if the graphics may be a problem but so long as the mobo is compatible and everything boots I can just use on-board graphics for Mac mode.

I haven't seen much in the way of a GTX 980 with OSX, not sure if the graphics may be a problem but so long as the mobo is compatible and everything boots I can just use on-board graphics for Mac mode.

You can likely get the 980 to work with the Nvidia Web drivers. There is no onboard graphics
on the I7-5930K so you'll have to use a compatible gfx card to do the install. I would install
Windows first on your system and test out all the hardware. Then when some X99 User Builds or
Golden Builds are posted you can follow one of those to do the Yosemite install. The install of
OS X on an X99 system is more complicated than on a Z/H97 system. You'll definitely need a
good guide to follow to get all your hardware fully functional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back