Contribute
Register

Is Intel Core i3-10100 Desktop Processor good for building Mobile Applications on a hackintosh build

Motherboard
ASUS Prime H510M-K
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
UHD 630
I want to build a hackintosh just to run XCode and Android studio, build mobile applications and run Android and IOS Simulators , will

Intel Core i3-10100 Desktop Processor​

with integrated IGPU UHD 630 be enough to run XCode, Android studio and mobile simulators smoothly without lags or crashes , I want to create moderate projects , will this processor and its integrated graphic card meet the requirements ? and if not.. give an advice for better processor , thanks

Intel Core i3-10100​

It does offer 4 cores and 8 threads so it's basically what a Kaby Lake Core i7-7700 was in 2017. A 6 core i5 would be better if you can spend a little more but it's not mandatory. As far as graphics, Xcode doesn't require super high end but you can always add an AMD dGPU if you need better graphics. Also get as much ram as you can afford. 32GB would be ideal. All that being said you'll really only know what will work well enough for your workflow when you try it.

Reading this article might help. Though they definitely suggest going with Apple Silicon.

Last edited:
The largest NVMe SSD you can afford too. Prices have come way down so get a 1TB. 500 GB is a bare minimum.

When you upgrade to a new major macOS version, you need around ~35 GB of free disk space. When building, Xcode produces a lot of build artifacts, most of them stored in the so-called DerivedData folder — this can easily take 2–10 GB even just for one project. Let’s also leave 10 GB for other apps and tools (e.g. SwiftLint installed via Homebrew) that you will want to install even if you don’t use the Mac for anything else but development. This adds up to a ~95 GB minimum.

Last edited:
Back