Graphics
Nvidia GT240 1gb
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
A few days ago I changed my router to a TP-Link TL-WR841N, and since then i can't connect to internet. Here is my build

Motherboard: Asus P8z77m-pro
CPU: 3.42 Ghz i7 3770
GPU: Nvidia gt 240
RAM: 8gb 1600 Mhz ddr3 kingston
Disc: 250gb disc with Yosemite Installed

My connection is over Ethernet. No on-board wifi.

I was in Mountain Lion and i thought that by upgrading to Yosemite, the problem would go away. The problem stayed. I was able to install Yosemite to perfection if it wasn't of the internet connection.

The new router is the TP-Link TL-WR841N. Before changing the router, internet worked just fine. (except for the times that I had to restart the router for some reason and my hackintosh would give me also the ip 169.... Restarting the computer solved this promblem)

I tried different kexts, but none of them helped me at all. Some of them didn't even show me that the cable was connected. The motherboard has a Realtek 8111F Gigabit Lan controller, and my current driver is the RealtekRTL81xx v0.0.90 that comes with Multibeast.

Please help me, I don't know what to do!

Thanks

I doubt that. The only thing that changed was the router. And if I go back to the old one (thats how i have it right now), internet works just fine, so i'm guessing on board lan works fine. Even with the new router, i get to see the other computers connected to the same router (although i can't connect to them).
The problem with the old router one is that it does not work very well, and it is way much slower than the new one (50mbps to 300mbps or something like that)

Any ideas?

Perhaps, i don't know. Can't find any blocking feature.
Any idea on which blocking feature could be causing this issue?

Have you reset the router to Factory Defaults ?

Yes I did. Any other suggestion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back