Contribute
Register

IONDRVFramebuffer/AGPM or NVDA/AGPM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post your 3 ssdts.

Likely: if your third non-CPU related SSDT references the graphics card device (renamed/defined in ssdt-gpu) it will have to be parsed after the one you uploaded. I don't think the naming of the device PEGP/GFX0/GFX1 is relevant.

Please note, that I use either SSDTs or PEGP to GFX0, HDAS to HDEF remaing via clover,
but I use them not at the same time.

Here are my ssdt-s

thanks a lot for your help

Attachments

• SSDT-CPU.aml
    2.4 KB · Views: 57
  • SSDT-GPU.aml
    289 bytes · Views: 76
  • SSDT-HDEF.aml
    294 bytes · Views: 80
Turns out the order of the SSDTs is irrelevant. hda-gfx 'onboard' number should be different for HDEF and HDAU. Won't hurt to inject a few more properties, device_type and some ports on the display device.

You might try this. Install the attached SSDT, clean up io display preferences
Code:
$ sudo rm /private/var/db/.com.apple.iokit.graphics
Reboot, and at this point, whether or not the web driver seems to be working, re-install the web drivers then reboot a second time.

Attachments

• SSDT-GPU.aml
    953 bytes · Views: 75
Turns out the order of the SSDTs is irrelevant. hda-gfx 'onboard' number should be different for HDEF and HDAU. Won't hurt to inject a few more properties, device_type and some ports on the display device.

You might try this. Install the attached SSDT, clean up io display preferences
Code:
$ sudo rm /private/var/db/.com.apple.iokit.graphics
Reboot, and at this point, whether or not the web driver seems to be working, re-install the web drivers then reboot a second time.

I have an error with your ssdt, don't know why, the ssdt looks good. I attached a screenshot.

The good news is, that based on your ssdt and one of my older ssdts I managed to get my GPU working.
Here I also post my ssdt. Basically all I have done is to put the device-id and the @1,AAPL,boot-display things in them.

Also a good hint was to delete the .com.apple.iokit.graphics plist, when fiddeling with PEGP GXF-x device names

Now my hack is working correctly, for the last five boots I had not one issue., hope it will last.

Thanks a lot vulgo, now hopefully I can grow my hair back, because I have pulled them out in the last days :D

Attachments

• panic.jpg
    panic.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 84
  • SSDT-GPU-OK.dsl
    4.8 KB · Views: 60
Some device properties are managed by the web driver, but only when it is loaded.

Attach an IOReg with your ssdt installed.

Thanks Toleda,
here is the ioreg

Withoult using ssdtPRGEN.sh I had my CPU running always at the highest, around 4000 MHZ.
I thought ssdtPRGEN.sh is the way to go.

Attachments

• gpu-working.ioreg
    6.1 MB · Views: 66
Last edited:
OK, remove ssdt-gpu, restart, reply with new IOReg
Install ssdt-gpu, restart

Only required for Ivy Bridge, see linked thread, Post #14

I think there is an issue with the nvram emulation (clover / EmuVariableUEFI)

At the boot sometimes I have
Code:
NvidiaStartup: Web
and sometimes
Code:
NvidiaStartup: ERROR failed to find NVRAM registry entry
I check the nvram in every boot for the nvda_drv = 1%00 variable, and it is there.

I attachet three ioregs, one with removed ssdt-gpu, one with ssdt-gpu with working webdrivers, and one with ssdt-gpu and failed webdrivers.

Also my EFI folder is there

I hope you can catch the error

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    20.6 MB · Views: 75
  • ssdt-gpu_NOT-present_gpu-NOT-working.ioreg
    5.6 MB · Views: 54
  • ssdt-gpu_present_gpu-NOT-working.ioreg
    5.6 MB · Views: 77
  • ssdt-gpu_present_gpu-working.ioreg
    6.2 MB · Views: 88
Status