Contribute
Register

IONDRVFramebuffer/AGPM or NVDA/AGPM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which properties?
The injected ones or none of them without web drivers. Boilerplate injection makes the properties persistent.

Last edited:
and sometimes I check the nvram in every boot for the nvda_drv = 1%00 variable, and it is there.
NVDA startup may be reading another variable

Lukas Wunner said:
Apple's EFI driver implementing this protocol, "AAPL,PathProperties", is a per-device key/value store which is populated by other EFI drivers.
These device properties contain vital information which cannot be obtained any other way (e.g. Thunderbolt Device ROM). EFI drivers also use them to communicate the current device state so that OS drivers can pick up where EFI drivers left (e.g. GPU mode setting).

Are you saying, that I need an other key/value pair to get nvidia webdrivers get to work? Not the famous
nvda_drv=1 ?
Not saying that. Possibly it gets data from the key-value store (built from "AAPL,PathProperties" in boot-time NVRAM) for persistence across reboots. Maybe this...

Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 16.32.25.png

The web drivers may not work properly if the device is renamed, re-install each time.

Not saying that. Possibly it gets data from the key-value store (built from "AAPL,PathProperties" in boot-time NVRAM) for persistence across reboots. Maybe this...

View attachment 272247

The web drivers may not work properly if the device is renamed, re-install each time.
I dont rename the gpu constantly. You can see that in my ioreg files.

Only when I had failures nearly every second or third boot, then I experimented with two device names, GFX1 and GFX0, and the original device name PEGP.

I stick now with GFX0 (for the sake of iMac17,1), but the problem is there, it is a little better now, but the webdrivers, are not working sometimes, then I have to reboot once more, and then they work. Also on cold boot there are no webdrivers. This also not always, but randomly.

I don't know what to do, or what else to try. I belive my clover config is ok. (I also tried many variations, they also resulted in randomly working gpu.)

But I thank all of you for your help, and maybe I do something wrong, but I don't know what that is. I had my machine working with smbios iMac14,2 for nearly a year, and then with iMac17,1, a few months, and now there are problems.

The injected ones
Are saying 27 properties are required for the web drivers to work?
Eight, included in your ssd, have nothing to do with the web drivers.
The remaining are the same as Maxwell with macOS native support.
What is different?

Last edited:
I think there is an issue with the nvram emulation
If the value is set properly and persistent, how can nvram be the problem? Your experiment proved the problem is not fixed with the ssdt. Something else is preventing macOS from loading the web drivers every boot.

If the value is set properly and persistent, how can nvram be the problem? Your experiment proved the problem is not fixed with the ssdt. Something else is preventing macOS from loading the web drivers every boot.

Because there is sometimes a message at boot:
NvidiaStartup: ERROR failed to find NVRAM registry entry

Are saying 27 properties are required for the web drivers to work?
Eigh, included in your ssd, have nothing to with the web drivers.
The remaining are the same as Maxwell with macOS native support.
What is different?
I'm not saying they are required for the web driver to work. NVDA startup loads without any injection at all. If you look at post #12 the extra properties are not the focus of attention. Maybe we should end this distraction and return to the OP's problem which remains unsolved? Do you have any ideas?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back