Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z77X-UP5-TH
CPU
i7 3770
Graphics
GTX 950
Hey everyone! I need some help. I keep running into this infamous issue:

IOConsoleusers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0.

I'm currently running El Capitan, and had this issue both when trying to update to Sierra and now High Sierra (direct update... never got Sierra working so I'm going El Cap -> High Sierra). My build is:

i7-3770
Z77X-UP5-TH
GTX 950 (current El Capitan drivers)
System Def: 13,2

I'm not sure if I need the Lilu/NVIDIA clean up kexts or what. Last time I tried to install them, my system nearly bricked and I had to restore from a backup (I could also have easily missed something in Clover). I have a picture of the hang-up and my current config below.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_4920.JPG
    IMG_4920.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 531
  • config.plist
    519 bytes · Views: 242
I have this exact same issue, though I have the updated Lilu, Intel/NVidiaGraphicsFixup kexts in place, so I do not think it is related to that...

Just to clarify, I did download and install the updated Lilu, Shiki, IntelGraphicsFixup and NVidiaGraphicsFixup kexts prior to the installation attempt. I also copied the apfs.efi binary to Clover as per guide.

I downloaded the HS installer, and ran it - getting an "error preparing the installation, please try again."

At that point I decided to restart to see if that would make any difference in running the installer, but, instead, got the lock state error.

I cannot access a recovery drive or any USB install keys - I get the prohibited sign.

Note: using the Clover -x parameter gets me in the OS via Safe Mode.

Started my own thread as our issues may be distinct.

Check that your board supports NVRAM writing or you have EmuVariableEFI installed. I recently redid my clover installation and forgot to install it and enabling the nvidia web driver caused me to get this error since the drivers (I guess) didn't know they were enabled.

Check that your board supports NVRAM writing or you have EmuVariableEFI installed. I recently redid my clover installation and forgot to install it and enabling the nvidia web driver caused me to get this error since the drivers (I guess) didn't know they were enabled.

Yeah, that stuff is all taken care of.... still nuffum. Good suggestion though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back