i7 6700K
Graphics
Intel HD 530
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Asrock z170 pro4s
OSX 10.11.6
Intel I219V Ethernet

I, for the love of god, cannot get the internet to work on this hackintosh. Have windows installed on a separate SSD, and the ethernet works flawlessly, so I don't think its an external problem.

Have currently installed and troubleshooted everything revolving around the IntelMausiEthernet.kext, and I've managed to get my ethernet connected (it gathers server information, and I can connect to IP addresses like 8.8.8.8.) However, I cannot get the DNS to resolve. I pray for the sweet release of death.

Any ideas?

@arogorndaf, please update your profile (personal details) with your build (Motherboard, CPU and Graphics Card).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Welp, I fixed it... Turns out the problem had to do with the University server I was connecting to. The server was requiring me to install Sophos AV, but ironically wouldn't let me connect to the download page without installing the software– this was showing up as an unresolved DNS. Fixed it by putting the installer on a USB. I no longer pray for the sweet release of death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back