Contribute
Register

Internal card reader with SATA plug to motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nop, but I got this one which is looked the same and works perfectly.

Check the manufacturer's site for more info on the card reader. The USB3.0 port connects to the USB3.0 on the mainboard, but the card slots connect USB2.0. This should not be a problem - your board has two USB2.0 connectors on the edge of the mainboard.

The model I'm refering too and the Rosewill are only connected to a USB 3.0 port of the motherboard, which is mainly why I've choosen it. On my mobo, it's actually a two in one USB3.0 port (don't know if this is how it always works nowadays) by the way.

I was looking at this unit to fit into the original optical bay of my upcoming G3 project. Any thoughts on something more like this?

Hi,

I am looking for a compatible internal card reader, but that would connect to my motherboard via a SATA port and not one of the USB port of the motherboard, since they are both taken by the USB port of the front panel of my case (Corsair 600T)

Does this kind of internal reader exist indeed ? It's really hard to find information on the subject, because a lot of those card reader have a eSATA port, getting me confused when reading their specs.

Thanks for you help :)

PS :I know at least one seems to exist ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820223113 ) but it's out of stock and this trademark is impossible to find in France strangely :|

I don't think you will find a card reader that connects to a SATA port. The one you linked has a SATA cable to an eSATA port on the front, USB2.0 cable to the card reader and USB2.0 ports and USB3.0 cable to some USB3.0 ports.

Even if there will be a CF/SD card reader with a SATA connector it won't be handy on a hackintosh as there is no hot swap for SATA drives. Then we must reboot the Hackintosch in order to mount the card. No fun.

Even if there will be a CF/SD card reader with a SATA connector it won't be handy on a hackintosh as there is no hot swap for SATA drives. Then we must reboot the Hackintosch in order to mount the card. No fun.
Modern mainboards with UEFI have the option to set any SATA port as hot-swappable since the 8 series Haswells came out.

Modern mainboards with UEFI have the option to set any SATA port as hot-swappable since the 8 series Haswells came out.
It's also on my mobo, this hot swap option. But afaik (meaning: that;s what i am told here on this forum) osx doesn't support it. And it doesn't work here. I can dismount it but cannot swap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back