Contribute
Register

Interim ALC898 edited Lion AppleHDA.kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
MasterG said:
included is my dsdt for everyone to try. Please notice that this "fix" uses the HDA rollback from multi beast AND NOTHING ELSE (no patched hda, no alc stuff nada!)
You've described a miracle. Check for S/L/E/ALC8xxHDA.kext or E/E/ALC8xxHDA.kext.

hello Toleda,

As I mentioned nothing is there. I included my complete e/e and SLE list.
Another curious thing
when I looked at my ioreg without loading any HDA, ALC, DSDT (a very clean system) there was mentioning of a hdef device, see attached picture

Attachments

• my extensions.rtf
    5.6 KB · Views: 237
  • Schermafbeelding 2012-05-23 om 16.34.53.png
    Schermafbeelding 2012-05-23 om 16.34.53.png
    97.1 KB · Views: 701
I've found that this 898 edited HDA kext doesn't work manually installed, or if it does it creates what seems like an 'echo effect' on my particular setup anyhow.

IMO, it's much better and more stable for now to install it with the Multibeast method.

I'd love to be able to just copy over the patched HDA and call it a day, but it seems it's not working so well unfortunately!

chorner said:
I've found that this 898 edited HDA kext doesn't work manually installed, or if it does it creates what seems like an 'echo effect' on my particular setup anyhow.

The echo effect - IMHO it's from a resource (IRQ?) issue on your GA-X79-UD5 (I had a simliar issue).

Try this: go into the bios, disable the onboard 1394 (FW) boot back to OSX - your echo should be gone. then go back into the bios and you can turn back on the 1394 (FW).

shahar said:
chorner said:

The echo effect - IMHO it's from a resource (IRQ?) issue on your GA-X79-UD5 (I had a simliar issue).

Try this: go into the bios, disable the onboard 1394 (FW) boot back to OSX - your echo should be gone. then go back into the bios and you can turn back on the 1394 (FW).

Correct Sir! I can confirm that... also noticed that when we were still testing the first drivers... Somehow by disabling/enabling the BIOS remaps IRQ's. Some devices don't like IRQ sharing :)

MasterG said:
hello Toleda,
As I mentioned nothing is there. I included my complete e/e and SLE list.
Another curious thing
when I looked at my ioreg without loading any HDA, ALC, DSDT (a very clean system) there was mentioning of a hdef device, see attached picture
Attach your AppleHDA.kext. There has not been and won't be native support for the ALC898. When you don't have an Extra/dsdt.aml, the native dsdt is loaded from the bios. Your native dsdt and all AMI bios Z77/H77 include HDEF.

Hello Toledo,

I stand corrected, it's using your "Interim_898_Lion_AppleHDA" after all. I corrected my original post to reflect this

cheers!

G (with sound)

MasterG said:
Hello Toledo,

I stand corrected, it's using your "Interim_898_Lion_AppleHDA" after all. I corrected my original post to reflect this

cheers!

G (with sound)

wow !

actually.. i have same mobo + Ivy 3570k.. and hell, IT WORKS !
for the first time i have internal audio.. even though its on "line out" = black (rear) it works.. for now im happy as can be.. used your DSDT + AppleHDA from this thread.

I have F5 Bios by the way. attached screenshot of (sorry its danish) the "about this.. " and the system info about the build-in sound.. shows all.. only testet 2 lines of output - great sound so far and even tested in garageband in conjunction with external input from USB midiplus soundcard. Rap never sounded better...*cough*

Attachments

• Skærmbillede 2012-05-23 kl. 23.51.22 (2).png
    Skærmbillede 2012-05-23 kl. 23.51.22 (2).png
    226.4 KB · Views: 691
  • Skærmbillede 2012-05-23 kl. 23.51.22.png
    Skærmbillede 2012-05-23 kl. 23.51.22.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 720
  • dsdt.aml.zip
    15.5 KB · Views: 154
MasterG said:
partly Succes!!! (meaning I'm not in silent mode anymore)

included is my dsdt for everyone to try. Please notice that this "fix" uses the Interim_898_Lion_AppleHDA from the begin of this thread AND NOTHING ELSE (no patched hda, no alc stuff nada!)

cheers! G

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar! Worked perfect on my system (pretty much exactly what you have)

Was really the last piece I care about for my hackintosh build, everything else is working well.

@toleda,
First of all, I'm very grateful for what you've done in Realtek audio.
But you know, alc898 is not perfect for now. Would you please pay more attention about 898 audio chip?
Only the black jack can output the sound, it does bother me for a long time.
Thank you, buddy! :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back