Contribute
Register

Intel X550 and Big Sur

Status
Not open for further replies.
quick question about this, will this break AirDrop feature ?
Because atm I'm using a modified SmallTree kext, but it breaks AirDrop support.

And do you recommand SmallTree or Sonnet ?

Other question, writing with Linux 16.04 LTS doesn't write to EEPROM, what can here be the problem ?

You need to modify the EEPROM and add the SmallTree kext to your EFI. (the process is outlined in the post you quoted) I don't provide support anymore since I retired from hackintosh. Make sure it works in Windows or Linux first.

Good luck
YES! Thank You so much my firend! It's run now:thumbup:

Will this work for x540-t2 on monterey?

YES! Thank You so much my firend! It's run now:thumbup:
Hi Can you share me your Bios settings and EFI folder? I have also this system with an AMD Pro W6600 and Xeon E5-2687W v4 3GHz 12core but my system is restarting after a few minutes everytime. I flashed to 1201 BIOS version but I can get it stable. I'm runnning Monterey and this machine is for a friend of mine.

Hi Can you share me your Bios settings and EFI folder? I have also this system with an AMD Pro W6600 and Xeon E5-2687W v4 3GHz 12core but my system is restarting after a few minutes everytime. I flashed to 1201 BIOS version but I can get it stable. I'm runnning Monterey and this machine is for a friend of mine.
Hi, I don't have this EFI anymore cause it isn't for my hack but for a client, I'm IT repair. However that EFI it's for a X299 plateform with Asus X299 Sage + Intel Core i9 9940X + Radeon 7 + Catalina Install; You can't use this EFI on your machine

Will this work for x540-t2 on monterey?
Yes.......

i Just..... have it running now....
but the kext position it seems is critical

It seems the kext has to go RIGHT AFTER IntelMausi.ktext

smalltree.png

I had it before IntelM* and the card showed up... but i could not get system preferences to config the card even though the ports showed up.

Just done my first platform backup over 10G fiber...

Last edited:
Yes.......

i Just..... have it running now....
but the ktext position it seems is critical

It seems the ktext has to go RIGHT AFTER IntelMausi.ktext

View attachment 545435

I had it before IntelM* and the card showed up... but i could not get system preferences to config the card even though the ports showed up.

JUst done my first platform backup over 10G fiber...
Could you please point me to the directions to getting my x540-t2's to work with my 12.3.1 hack? Pretty please?
i know what intelmausi is but not ktext. Is it a PIA to get this working?

btw I'm using a Dell 7060 mt i3-8100 cofee lake

i know what intelmausi is but not ktext
A Kext is short for Kernel extension. There should be no more than one letter t in kext.

A kernel extension (or kext) is a bundle that performs low-level tasks. Kexts run in kernel space, which gives them elevated privileges and the ability to perform tasks that user-space apps can’t.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back