Contribute
Register

Intel USB3 issue of GA-Z77X-UP4 TH

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just found out that the on board chipset USB3 IS accessed through a header and not on the back panel. With my front header hooked to fusb3_3 everything seems to be fine.

do u use usb2 port or usb3 port with the usb mouse ?? did the issues happen with 2 ports (usb2/3) ??? ^^^

USB mouse on 2.0 and a Lexar USB 3 card reader on USB 3. When the card reader was plugged into the back USB 3 it would cause my USB 2 mouse to jitter and lag and I would lose got swap.

do u use usb2 port or usb3 port with the usb mouse ?? did the issues happen with 2 ports (usb2/3) ??? ^^^

My mouse lag happens w the usb mouse plugged into the USB 2.0 ports. I am currently using it w the USB 2.0 ports on the front panel of my case which is plugged into the internal USB 2.0 header on my motherboard. But it does'nt work well plugged into the USB 3 ports either. I have NOT tried disabling xchi in the BIOS.

USB mouse on 2.0 and a Lexar USB 3 card reader on USB 3. When the card reader was plugged into the back USB 3 it would cause my USB 2 mouse to jitter and lag and I would lose got swap.

(((((((((((((https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4028808?start=30&tstart=0
goclaygo
Re: USB3 not working on my Retina MBP
Jun 25, 2012 1:40 PM (in response to changethursday)

There is definitely something amiss with the new USB 3 based macbooks.
I just purchased a LEXAR USB 3 card reader (CF+ SD) and it does not work at ALL on my new macbook air with USB3. Not even at USB 2 speeds. The card reader works on my old macpro tower but just blinks on my MBA. Lexar confirmed the issue and says to expect an update from Apple and/or Lexar. fail.)))))))))))))))

My mouse lag happens w the usb mouse plugged into the USB 2.0 ports. I am currently using it w the USB 2.0 ports on the front panel of my case which is plugged into the internal USB 2.0 header on my motherboard. But it does'nt work well plugged into the USB 3 ports either. I have NOT tried disabling xchi in the BIOS.
make sure u have EHCI enable in bios
,,, try to disable Xchi from bios and try the usb2 mouse on usb3 port ,,,

After getting things straightened out (I hope) I am getting the max speed that my CF cards can offer at 90MB per second as measured by the Blackmagic Disk Speed Test. Over USB I am about a third of that and apple thunderbolt to firewire 800 gives me 79MB per second with my Sandisk firewire 800 CF reader.

make sure u have EHCI enable in bios
,,, try to disable Xchi from bios and try the usb2 mouse on usb3 port ,,,

iNews Thanks for the tip. I am away from my computer right now but will try this first chance I get. I hope it works out. I would really like to have BOTH USB 2.0 and 3.0 working properly. And the mouse lag is just annoying... I will try and report back here. Thanks!

I wanted to update my particular USB3 situation. I was having issues with the back USB3 ports causing my USB2 to drop out, but my front USB3 ports worked. It turnes out that the cable that came with my Lexar USB3 reader works fine on all the ports but I was using a seperate cable that I purchased from amazon ( http://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-U32...dp/B003YNS0W0/ )and it appears that it was the reason I was having issues. I don't know if it is a faulty cable but if I use the cable that came with the reader then everything appears to work just fine.

I am sorry about posting my issue in this thread as my mobo is the UP5 TH and I mistakently thought both boards ran the same VIA chip. It turns out that the UP5 has a VIA HUB and the UP4 has a VIA Controller which is not compatiable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back