Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Intel UHD 620 (Dell Inspiron 5584) and no acceleration or black screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a summary of what is fully working in my case when manual 16590000 device injection :
- lilucpu=9 boot flag / 16590000 device id (attached config)
- no lilucpu=9 boot flag / 16590000 device id + AAPL,ig-platform-id

What is not working (unable to finalize OS boot)
- no lilucpu=9 boot flag / 16590000 device id (with no AAPL,ig-platform-id setting)

When ilucpu=9 boot flag only (no manual setting) : <00 00 1b 59> is automatically setted (no acceleration)

Can post you one PR file of one case if you need
Maybe the WEG ig-platform-id selection is not as good as we expected? The README says it should do that automatically as well...
Anyway, I'd stick with the lilucpu flag + device-id injection. Seems like the better solution for me :)

Thank you all for help

So what works for i5-8265U is setting lilucpu=10 and then pasting Patch from Hackintool for
Coffe Lake and Platform ID 0x3EA50009

Latest Lilu+WhateverGreen + SSDT-PNLF.dsl in CLOVER - ACPI - patched

I have attached my working config.plist, screen shot from clover and full debug output
Don't you get a CFL ig-platform-id without using lilucpu? If you do, this flag is probably unnecessary.
Isn't 0x3EA50009 the default for mobile CFL graphics? See if you can omit the ig-platform-id injection too, whether you get a different ID.

Maybe the WEG ig-platform-id selection is not as good as we expected? The README says it should do that automatically as well...
Anyway, I'd stick with the lilucpu flag + device-id injection. Seems like the better solution for me :)

Don't you get a CFL ig-platform-id without using lilucpu? If you do, this flag is probably unnecessary.
Isn't 0x3EA50009 the default for mobile CFL graphics? See if you can omit the ig-platform-id injection too, whether you get a different ID.

Without injection of Coffee Lake ig-platform-id and device-id the acceleration was not working and different values were detected.

Without injection of Coffee Lake ig-platform-id and device-id the acceleration was not working and different values were detected.
I see.
Just note that if your were getting Coffee Lake values, you can remove the lilucpu flag. Do inject the properties, just omit the flag (It's only needed when a wrong generation is identified).

Noted - will stay like this !
thanks for having helping me to clarify difference between WEG automatic/manual setting
(I have always found it not clear but now I can understand why !)

@Lukaszjg do you have the HDMI port working on your 5584? (this is ayamane from the gitter voodooi2c channel)

@number32 I have just tested it for you and the HDMI is not working at all for me

Thanks for checking. That is my current issue. I have a separate thread going for that

@favoriti and others in this thread... I am considering the purchase of a used HP Envy x360 15 laptop (i5-8250U, Kabylake R UHD620). Before I purchase, I'd like to understand the likelihood of installing macOS Catalina on this laptop. Am I understanding that you achieved full graphics acceleration with your Kabylake R UHD620 as follows:
  • SMBIOS MBP14,1
  • device-id: 0x5916
  • ig-platform-id: 0x59160000
  • boot-arg: lilucpu=9 (was this necessary?)
Did I miss anything that was crucial to achieving full graphics acceleration with UHD 620 Kabylake R? Thank you for your help.

Hi @deeveedee
Here are my WEG settings, UHD 620 works with acceleration and HDMI, I do not use the boot arg
SMBIOS is MacBookPro14,1

1617985736531.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back