Contribute
Register

Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced N 6235 kexts

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is wrong - See the download page for KextBeast :

KextBeast is a quick installer for .kext, .bundle, and .plugin files.

1. Place files on desktop.
2. Run KextBeast installer
3. Select the destination folder:
/Library/Extensions
/System/Library/Extensions
4. Reboot

Version 2.0.1

http://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/kextbeast-2-0-1.310/

Must of changed then. Haven't used it in years i do things manually i know it use to install kexts to S/L/E not L/E.

Or do KextBeast and select the destination folder:
/Library/Extensions ???

el capitan version 10.11.3

You can copy and paste kexts in L/E then run Kext Wizard to repair permissions.

Note, never a good idea to use Finder copy/paste to install kexts.

Use Terminal instead:
Code:
sudo cp -R KextToInstall.kext /Library/Extensions

Then rebuild cache:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

Yes. But kexts will then be installed in S/L/E not L/E. Its better to have kexts in L/E not S/L/E.

There is no functional difference between /S/L/E and /L/E for installing kexts.

I prefer to install them to /L/E as Apple is encouraging it and it is easier to see the kexts you have installed there as there are less kexts there to begin with.

There is no functional difference between /S/L/E and /L/E for installing kexts.

I prefer to install them to /L/E as Apple is encouraging it and it is easier to see the kexts you have installed there as there are less kexts there to begin with.

I've never had no problems copying and pasting then repairing permissions mind you. I install kexts to L/E in 10.11 but in 10.9 and lower I install them to S/L/E unless you can place them in L/E in 10.9 and older.

I've never had no problems copying and pasting then repairing permissions mind you.

Yes, of course... But if you're repairing permissions, you're doing so because you made a mistake earlier. Just sayin'...

It is best to insure kexts always have the correct permissions from the beginning.

I install kexts to L/E in 10.11 but in 10.9 and lower I install them to S/L/E unless you can place them in L/E in 10.9 and older.

10.11: /S/L/E or /L/E... your choice.
10.10 or earlier: /S/L/E... no choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back