Contribute
Register

Intel NUC DC3217IYE & OS X 10.8.2 SUCCESS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update to 10.8.3 ok, just put AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext for its HDMI and Wifi IO80211Family.kext for DW1702

I have created one 128 GB partition on my 128 GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD and installed ML 10.8.2. Is it still possible to shrink this partition and create a second partition to install Windows 7 on it?

I have created one 128 GB partition on my 128 GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD and installed ML 10.8.2. Is it still possible to shrink this partition and create a second partition to install Windows 7 on it?
Yes, it is possible.
You have to go to disk utility.
choose your ssd, klick on the tab "partition".
now klick on + under the partition.
choose ms-dos as format.
reboot, press F12 on reboot until you get to a screen where you can choose to boot from your usb stick or usb dvd drive (where ever you got your windows on).
when in the windows installer you have to choose your ms-dos partition.
it is the one showing as completely free, the mac partition shows as full.
klick on more options on the bottom of the window.
klick partition, do NOT klick on delete partition or something else, because if you do, your mac partition is possibly unusable.
klick install
now you should be fine.

Yes, it is possible.
You have to go to disk utility.
choose your ssd, klick on the tab "partition".
now klick on + under the partition.
choose ms-dos as format.
reboot, press F12 on reboot until you get to a screen where you can choose to boot from your usb stick or usb dvd drive (where ever you got your windows on).
when in the windows installer you have to choose your ms-dos partition.
it is the one showing as completely free, the mac partition shows as full.
klick on more options on the bottom of the window.
klick partition, do NOT klick on delete partition or something else, because if you do, your mac partition is possibly unusable.
klick install
now you should be fine.

Will this also work when the Mac partition takes the entire space on the SSD?

Will this also work when the Mac partition takes the entire space on the SSD?
To make it easier to understand:
Bildschirmfoto 2013-03-17 um 15.35.31.pngBildschirmfoto 2013-03-17 um 15.35.57.png

Hello,

someone can summarize the manipulation was done to make the Intel NUC 100% functional on ML 10.8?

I'm lost with about 20 pages of this topic

Thanks in advance !

FWIW - I can't get it to output 2560x1440. It looks like 1920x1200 is the highest I can get at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back